Oh lord, I just now saw this thread! I'm sorry it took me so long to respond!
Actually, DH and I talked about it. I'm going to call them tomorrow and check up on him. Honestly, if he's not having any problems, I don't think I'm going to ask for him back. I just think that would confuse him too much if he's already settling into his new family. But, if they are having to give him milk, I'll see what I can do about getting him back for another week or so.
Snickers is almost done with nursing...as in, most of the time if the pups come around her she will growl, get up and move. She's starting to dry up and the pups are doing fine on soft puppy food and really most of them only try to nurse out of habit. One still needs it I think, but she is the one we are going to keep anyway.
As long as he's eating ok, I think he will be fine. Like I said before, we got Snickers at 6 wks and she turned out fine. And, I do know this will be a good home for him. I'm sure a lot of people won't agree with my decision, but as long as the pup is happy, I'm happy.