US cat endures a cross-country adventure in moving van

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - A cat snuck into a moving van, traveled 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) over three days and then roamed in some woods for 18 more days before being found.

"She's definitely a pretty darn independent cat," 10-year-old Annie's owner Ann Roskam said. "She likes to be outdoors all the time but she comes home every morning. When she didn't come home, we thought we'd lost her."

The cat had jumped into the truck that Roskam's neighbors were using last month to move to Roanoke, Virginia. Temperatures inside the truck during the three-day trip were sweltering.

"We're carrying boxes and suddenly we see something jump from one box to another," said Chip Grubb, the father of one of the neighbors. "All things considered, she looked pretty good. But she had been in there for three days without food or water."

After running off, Annie finally showed up at a neighbor's house and arrangements were made for a flight home. She arrived Friday.

"She loves to be outdoors, and she needs to be outdoors," Roskam said.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad that she's home after such an ordeal. However, it really cheezes me off that her owners are still going to let her be an outside cat. Obviously they didn't learn anything by her disappearance. GRRRR!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I'm glad that she's home after such an ordeal. However, it really cheezes me off that her owners are still going to let her be an outside cat. Obviously they didn't learn anything by her disappearance. GRRRR!
My sentiments exactly.