help

lee2cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have two kittens that were born in march i came out into the garden to find that there was another large grey cat between the two when i approched the grey cat it ran off and my two cats seemed very scared and there fur was standing on end but im not sure if the grey cat did anything to them. what are the signs of them being pregnant.

Thanks

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your kittens have not been spayed and they are usually outside,then they could be pregnant. You won't see any signs until they are are at least at month or so along. They are definitely at the right age to come into heat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lee2cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
there acting normal again now no loud mowing or anything and there booked into to be spayed

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good! If they were puffed up, then hopefully the other cat was just approaching them. If they were mating,then your two girls would have probably been rolling all over the ground in front of him. Maybe you scared him off just in the nick of time! You might want to try and keep them inside until they are spayed to keep them safe and healthy.

lee2cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yea im gonna keep them in or let them out supervised i couldnt tell what sex the cat was so im hoping it was female and was just gonna fight

lee2cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks for all the help

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lee2cats

yea im gonna keep them in or let them out supervised i couldnt tell what sex the cat was so im hoping it was female and was just gonna fight
um, you hoped they were just going to fight? I think I would prefer a mating and then spay/abort then a fight. Too easy to spread FeLv and FIV with fighting, well thru mating too I suppose. I certainly wouldn't prefer fighting though. Can't you just keep them in for a little awhile at least? none of mine go outside except one, they are not even interested in it but I would be worried if they weren't fixed yet

Oh also, if they had mated, you would have probably heard your girls scream, mating is quite a painful experience for the girls.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know anything about cats on heat or mating as mine have always been spayed/neutered at around 5-6 mths. I had heard that the females are constantly on heat until they mate, so I took no chance with Blossom & had her done at 5 mths even though she never goes outside.