The Gentlemen's Club

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have such a preponderance of women on the site that it sometimes seems almost a ladies-only enterprise -- and certainly things get posted here that the gentlemen probably wish they hadn't read!

So I thought it might be nice to invite all the men on the site to congregate here and take revenge by subjecting the ladies to talk of football and... um... y'know, whatever else guys talk about.

Of course, we ladies reserve the right to comment occasionally.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm not a guy, but let's talk about hot rod motors!! Anyone ever driven a car with a Ford 429 SCJ under the hood? Mean I reckon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gene! Come baaack, Geeene!

I can do a little bit of guy talk. Um... my dream car is a 1937 Cord Phaeton in tobacco cream with black cherry seats! I have no idea what's under the hood, but it does have those cool "pipes" coming out the sides, and I understand they actually glow red when the car's been running awhile!

I also love the 1966 Toronado and the 1971 Cougar. Had one of the latter, in fact -- for a glorious three months in high school, until I let a GUY drive it and he smashed us up and totalled it.

And howbout flying? My father and brother are both pilots, and I love the little L-4 "Paper Cup" my father flew as a forward observer in WWII. Missed my chance to go up in one, though.

Come on, guys! What will it take to lure you in? Free beer and pretzels?

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm not much of a video came person either, but the women, well ok

We can also talk about photography, roller coasters, storm chasing, music (and all types of stereo or broadcast equipment), camping too and of course, exotic cats.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK I'll give guy talk a shot....

I can talk about building stuff!!! Like buildings and houses! And ummm.....ok well I can't talk much about cars. I just like em to get to the faster speeds faster. Camaro's are beautiful creations! Other than that I'm done.

(Oh I have a question! If we post in this thread do we need to suddenly develop the irresistible need to scratch our delicate areas every 30 minutes or so?)

(OK this thread is so not working as intended! Nosy women we are!)

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Well, I'm not much of a video came person either, but the women, well ok

We can also talk about photography, roller coasters, storm chasing, music, camping too and of course, exotic cats.
Ok, who's your favorite band? What concerts have you been to?

You actually go storm chasing? Tell me about it! That's exciting and scary all at once!!!

I love going camping. Do you go camping in a tent or a camper? I usually only use tents.

My uncle is a professional photographer...

I can talk about various different topics....hehe!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

(Oh I have a question! If we post in this thread do we need to suddenly develop the irresistible need to scratch our delicate areas every 30 minutes or so?)

(OK this thread is so not working as intended! Nosy women we are!)
Hmm, I don't do that scratching thing either

Ok, who's your favorite band? I can't say that I have a favorite. I do like rock music a lot, but I am not into the commercial aspect of music, the stuff that is over played every day on the radio. I listen to alternative, goth and industrial a lot and my wife and I frequently go dancing at our favorite gothic night club called The Chamber. I even like classical music, but I am not into country music much. I guess since I worked at a country radio station for a couple years, I heard so much of it, that I got sick of it.

You actually go storm chasing? Tell me about it! That's exciting and scary all at once!!! Yes, I am a trained storm spotter for the national weather service in north east Ohio. I have not had the opportunity to see any tornados yet, seen the wall clouds that precede them, have seen many water spouts on Lake Erie and I have been at sites in Ohio, that have been hit by major F-5tornados. Many times, when the weather radar shows the possibility of a tornado in a thunder storm, the weather service depends on ground spotters to confirm if in fact, one is forming.

I love going camping. Do you go camping in a tent or a camper? I usually only use tents. Tent is the only way to go

My uncle is a professional photographer... Cool!!. I still prefer film over digital, but find digital much more convenient when posting pictures online and I love black and white photography

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stormchasing! Oh, that's a dream of mine! Do you have any photos to share?

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Stormchasing! Oh, that's a dream of mine! Do you have any photos to share?
Many times when I go, I never bring the camera with me, I always forget because I grab my radio to commuicate with the weather service and leave the camera behind. I know...duh
But, I do have some good pcitures that I took this past Wednesday, when I was at my friend's sanctuary. These were good storms too, even the tornado sirens went off. I guess a debris cloud was seen forming on the ground. I would have loved to go after that storm, but we were busy finishing up the final touches on a cougar enclosure we had been building.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We have such a preponderance of women on the site that it sometimes seems almost a ladies-only enterprise -- and certainly things get posted here that the gentlemen probably wish they hadn't read!
there is nothing any ladies can post that would make most men wish they had not saw. Women post that cause they dont want men to read it

if men cant handle reading questions on the monyhly cycle, or such, then really they need to go back to sex ed, or maybe go take it. and please dont date until they understand it.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by megagene

*walks into thread, looks around*

Where is everyone?

*sound of crickets chirping*
pssst, men don travel in packs,it will take some time for us to notice

even then we my assume its a trap.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Well, everyone knows I am a guy, but this typical guy talk, (cars and sports) bores the heck out of me
lol yea that also

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

pssst, men don travel in packs,it will take some time for us to notice

even then we my assume its a trap.
Ah, they've ferreted out my dastardly plan to lure all the men in here and force them to eat quiche and watch "The English Patient"...

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Ah, they've ferreted out my dastardly plan to lure all the men in here and force them to eat quiche and watch "The English Patient"...
don't forget the wine! they must drink a fruity undertoned white wine with the quiche!