Meowmy... whats you doing?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The following post is what I imagine to be Scratch's inner monologue.

Scratch: Meowmy? Are you there? Why you sleep? The sun is up the birds are singing and its going to be a good day.

MEOWMY? Oh goodness. She needs to be awake right now. I'll scratch this thing. Ohhhhhh... I like the noise it makes. What's that thing that flew past my head? Is that a pillow? Oh I like pillows. Thank you Meowmy.

Meowmy? Did I ever tell you that I was hungry? I'm a hungry boy. MEOWMY! I'M HUNGRY!! I'll waste away to nothing if you don't get up now.

Oh, she's up. Oh joy! I'm going to get some food. Wait... why am I on the other side of the door?
I'm going to starve.

barkleysjester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Scratch: Meowmy? Are you there? Why you sleep? The sun is up the birds are singing and its going to be a good day.

MEOWMY? Oh goodness. She needs to be awake right now. I'll scratch this thing. Ohhhhhh... I like the noise it makes. What's that thing that flew past my head? Is that a pillow? Oh I like pillows. Thank you Meowmy.

Meowmy? Did I ever tell you that I was hungry? I'm a hungry boy. MEOWMY! I'M HUNGRY!! I'll waste away to nothing if you don't get up now.

Oh, she's up. Oh joy! I'm going to get some food. Wait... why am I on the other side of the door?
I'm going to starve.
That's funny
I surmise that Barkley would speak in about the same way if he could!! Petunia on the other hand would simply tell him to go sit down somewhere and read a book because her and Meowmy are trying to sleep

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's Ike:

*I walk in after a hard day at work....

"EXcuuuuse me! Where have you been!?!? I've been here sleeping ALL day with nobody to pet me!!!"

"Skye got tired of playing with me after like an hour!!! And I lost all my toys under that couch...HEY! Can I have a treat!? PLease please please??"

"Don't stop petting meeee...mmmm"

She's such an attention-***** lol

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I'm going to starve.
That's what I did to Possum this morning! Except I fed him and Loki before I went back to sleep. I tend to sleep late, and I didn't want them to wait that long.

Neither seemed to like that I had closed the room off from them.

But, seriously, Possum, Mommy doesn't actually like you digging your claws into her skin and face, or you playing with her hair! She just wants to sleep!

Tricia

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about this every morning!? For a hour or two straight.

Angel: Meowmy! Wake up! -head butt- WAKE UP! -meows pathetically-

Me: It's 3 in the morning! -shove-

Angel: Meowmy! Pet me! -stands on my throat-

Me: Can't breathe! -picks her up, drops her on the floor- Bad kitty.

Angel: Meowmy! Play with me! -lays on my throat, licking me-

Me: Must... sleep!...

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm going to starve.
Are you sure you didn't just overhear the convos I have with Riley in the mornings?

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm going to starve.
Scratch needs to learn how to make the "nails on chalkboard" sound on the other side of the door. That always works to get us back up.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's how I imagine the morning dialog in my house...typically Stan hops around trying to get attention and Bella usually curls up and gets some scritches from her half asleep person.

Stanley: getup getup getup get up....I love love love you (head butts and purrs)...get up get up the birds are out and I haven't eaten all night. get up get up getup!! oooh, I didn't see that mouse there...

Bella: shut up. she won't get up until that box buzzes. It's very comfortable here so I'm going to sit on her chest and purr until it buzzes.

Stanley: the mouse got under the fridge and I can't get it out..(returns to bedroom) oooh scratchy post...ew, smells like Bella...(scratch scratch scratch) that's better. getup getup getup get up....I love love love you...get up get up the birds are out and I haven't eaten all night. get up get up getup!!

Bella: shut up. I'm resting.

Stanley: Oh, Bella, want to chase me??? (sniff, sniff)...OW! don't smack me...I'm getting up on the pillow, that way I can be right there when the box goes off...oooh, there's another fur mousey up here...

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's our nightly conversation. Me, after being woken up by eighteen pounds of Orange and White cat jumping on me: "Casey! For Pete's sake! It's 3:30 in the morning!" Casey:"Feeeeed meeee!" Me:"No!" Casey:"Come on Meowmy! I'm starving!" Me:"No!" Gracie (waking up): "huh?What's going on?Did someone say food?" me: "NO!NO!NO!" Both cats:"Please? Please? Please?" Me: "Oh, all right! I guess I have to if I ever wanna get back to sleep!" Both cats:Hooray!"

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww! They all sound so familiar

Ours often go;
Archie: Play with me! Play with me! I do really cute tricks! I wonder if Tilly wants to play...
Tilly: Go away I'm sleeping, I must conserve my energy until 10 at night when I race around like a mad thing meowing for attention.
Archie: But I wanna play!!! Hmm, maybe if I tread on her and bite the back of her neck she'll want to play!
Tilly: That was your last warning; CatAttack!!
Archie: Ow! Mummy save me from nasty Tilly!
5 mins later
Archie: I wonder if Tilly wants to play...
Goldfish memory

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now, I just get this from any of 3 kitties anywhere from 1:00 to 5:00 in the morning:

Meowmy? Meowmy??? MEOWMY??? MEOWMY!!!!

Wakes up and snuggle me! I wanna be snuggled. :sniff: Look how pathetic I am...nobody loves me. :sniff:

Oh - Meowmy! You're awake! Oh goody goody goody! I lllllooooovvvveeesss you Meowmy....
*Puuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mittens: "Look at that lazy thing, here I am starving to death and she is lounging around, I've been waiting hours for my food, I'm ready to die."

Cassy: "Well, look at her stuffing her face, can't she see that I am going insane without food, she has all the food SHE needs, all SHE has to do is go into the cupboard and fill her face, I can't do that.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine normally go:
*tail flopping over face*
Kahlua: Do you mind if I put that there
me: *smacks tail*
K NO! i want my tail THERE!
Joey comes in room to see whats going on and proceeds to kneed my chest... which hurts
*move both cats to the bottom of the bed*
*cats proceed to wrestle and attack feet until the alarm goes off or they take off tearing through the house*

barkleysjester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Petunia had another one of her detective moments this morning involving Barkley and his sometime destructive behavior, she decided to wake me up and tell me about it, went something like this:

Petunia: Mommy, Barkley is picking through the trash can again, you need to get up and look in the kitchen, trash all over the floor!

(Petunia licks my hand with her sandpaper tongue to get my attention!)

Barkley jumps on the bed and begins to protest: I didnt do it, I swear I didnt!!

Petunia: Yes you did and you left the evidence all over the kitchen floor. Plus you're too stupid to pick up after yourself! ( I think I see her smirk after this)

Barkley, now crying and whining in my face: Again, I didnt do it, I swear I didnt!

Once she nudged me again, I got up and sure enough went into the kitchen to find paper towels and one empty mushroom can in the middle of the floor, it was hilarious!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BarkleysJester

Petunia had another one of her detective moments this morning involving Barkley and his sometime destructive behavior, she decided to wake me up and tell me about it, went something like this:

Petunia: Mommy, Barkley is picking through the trash can again, you need to get up and look in the kitchen, trash all over the floor!

Barkley: I didnt do it, I swear I didnt!!

Petunia: Yes you did and you left the evidence all over the kitchen floor. Plus you're too stupid to pick up after yourself!

Barkley: Again, I didnt do it, I swear I didnt!

Once she nudged me a bit, I got up and sure enough went into the kitchen to find paper towels and one can in the middle of the floor, it was hilarious!!
Your kitties tell on each other!