OH NO - Treat Dispenser Malfunction

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was cleaning the glass in the kitchen door and decided that the glass in our kitchen display cabinet needed cleaning too.

This particular cabinet happens to be where Tolstoy's favourite dried fish treat lives. It has to be in there because he can't open the cupboard door and drag the bag off to a quiet corner to demolish the contents
. The only thing is, I swear he could hear this door open from 100 yards away!

Well, the treat dispenser door opened, I cleaned the glass and closed the door again.

Tolly sat there.......horrified

The door opened.....closed.....and....NOTHING CAME OUT

He walked into the living room and sat between Daddy and the football on TV (the sure way to get attention) and told him that the treat dispenser needed mending

Dad got the message that fish fish was needed; walked out into the kitchen and mended the dispenser. Tolly got his fish and went away happy

Phew! Everything in the house is back to rights.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tolly? The humans still in need of some training.

We humans can be so thick at times...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohh I am glad the house is back to normal

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that poor baby ..... Im glad he straightened out that situation

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is really funny,
, Mittens used to go into the cabinet and dump all the dry food onto the floor because she could not wait for her lazy mother.
I don't keep the food in there anymore.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tolly thanks you all for appreciating the gravity of this situation and the need for an urgent remedy

Originally Posted by gemlady

Tolly? The humans still in need of some training.

We humans can be so thick at times...
Jan, he's so pleased that you noticed Meowmy has not yet finished the training schedule. 2 years and she still hasn't got the diploma - she's definitely a bit slow when it comes to understanding her role in life!

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Poor Tolly!
Glad he got the other human to fix it!
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

It is a very good thing daddy fixed it, what was that door doing opening and not dispensing a treat??
As you and some others recognised Daddy is much quicker on the update when it comes to treats. Meowmy says that he's just a soft touch and he'll be in trouble when I get on the scales at V-E-T

Originally Posted by ddcats

That is really funny,
, Mittens used to go into the cabinet and dump all the dry food onto the floor because she could not wait for her lazy mother.
I don't keep the food in there anymore.
Now Mittens is a girl after Tolly's own heart! Before the treat moved to the high cupboard, the fish packet used to be found in all parts of the house with holes punched straight through it.

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I can just imagine the expression on poor Tolly's face
If you can sum up astonishment and disappointment all in one expression then you've got it!