No email notifications

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not getting any email notifications for new postings to my subscribed threads. This has been going on for two days. My email address is correct and my options are set for "Instant email notification." I don't see any other recent threads about this, so I'm wondering if I'm the only one having this problem, and can anything be done about it? Thanks.....

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been getting them lately,either. I've tried resettin g everything,but nothing has worked so far.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To troubleshoot this problem, I changed my email address to one of my web-based email accounts. I received all my email notifications just fine on that account. Then when I changed my email address back to my POP3 account I have with my ISP, they immediately stopped. I didn't even receive the verification email. SOOOOOO.....my conclusion is that my email notifications ARE being sent, but they're being screened out along the way, probably by my ISP. I had this problem once before a long time ago with another site, and I was told by my ISP that the site was probably sharing their server with a known spammer, and in filtering for that spammer, my emails were also getting blocked.

So, can anyone tell me, does TCS run on their own dedicated server, or does TCS run on a shared server? If shared, might my ISP be blocking because there's a spammer also running on the server?

Come to think of it.....my memory is hazy on this.....but my email notification problem might have started around the time I noticed an announcement about a server move, or upgrade, or some other site maintenance.

I'd really prefer getting my notifications on my POP3 account, but as of now, I can't do that.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I believe TCS runs on its own dedicated server. We have recently had a server upgrade so maybe your ISP is still taking sometime to catch up? Actually I have no idea really, just trying to sound intellegent

I will look into this for you

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Yes, we're on a dedicated server and yes, we have recently changed servers, but it was over a week ago, so hopefully every ISP has caught up to it by now (also, if it's the same provider that you surf through, then if you can see the site, there shouldn't be any issues.

Have you tried checking your spam filters? Could it be that your notifications are somehow being marked as spam?

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, my local email client isn't filtering them out. Everything that's filtered goes to a junk folder, and they aren't showing up in there.

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

No, my local email client isn't filtering them out. Everything that's filtered goes to a junk folder, and they aren't showing up in there.
Maybe the website's system is filtering you out... you should check your IP to see if it's blacklisted.

Go to this one to check what's your IP:

http://www.ipheaven.com/

And go here to see your blacklist status:

http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

If there is some record of BL you should contact your ISP and ask them to change your IP

That might be one of the reasons for not receiving the email.

You should use a proxy to check it out as well, I usually use a proxy since I don't want websites to track down information about me... and maybe with a proxy it might work for you.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But if it was MY IP, then I wouldn't be receiving ANY mail, correct?

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad I found this thread, because I am not receiving my email notifications as well. They stopped about 4 days ago. I have reset everything as well.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found out my IP is on some blacklist. WHY I have no idea. It's not at my ISP. Or even if that's the cause. But after three hours on the phone between Friday and today I finally got through to someone who I think can help me.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

I found out my IP is on some blacklist. WHY I have no idea. It's not at my ISP. Or even if that's the cause. But after three hours on the phone between Friday and today I finally got through to someone who I think can help me.
Mine is on that blacklist as well. Don't know why and when it started. All I know is I no longer receive email notifications from TCS. I receive all other email no problem and also email notifications from another forum I belong too. All my setting are correct. Strange, I never had this problem in the past.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But it occurred to me that we might not be receiving other emails we don't even know about, because we aren't getting them and the sender can't let us know.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

There was one about a month ago, I remember replying to it, I don't think we ever found the answer to the problem though
I think that was me. I am not receiving email notifications either and haven't been for a while. At least not for individual threads. I am receiving daily notices from 2 forums. And my IP address is not blacklisted (I checked). I've always received email notifications up till recently.

Oh yeah... I'm not getting notification of PM's either.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

I think that was me. I am not receiving email notifications either and haven't been for a while. At least not for individual threads. I am receiving daily notices from 2 forums. And my IP address is not blacklisted (I checked). I've always received email notifications up till recently.

Oh yeah... I'm not getting notification of PM's either.
Tammie, I just checked you settings, and "Do not subscribe" is checked.

Your PM settings look okay, though.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Tammie, I just checked you settings, and "Do not subscribe" is checked.

Your PM settings look okay, though.
That's because I subscribe to individual threads. The threads I want to be notified for are marked receive instant email. I still don't get email for PM's either. Here's what my user cp looks like. These are some of the threads I'm subscribed to and they say "instant" Not sure what the problem is.

Folder ControlsJump to Folder:
My Threads (18 Threads) Subscriptions (389 Threads)
View all Subscribed Threads | Edit Folders

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

Threads: 407 Subscribed Threads in Folder: All
Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Notification
No email notifications ( 1 2)
coaster Today 03:43 PM
by mzjazz2u Instant
Jake
mzjazz2u Today 12:42 PM
by Yosemite Instant
Not sure if its just me but..... ( 1 2 3)
DIEGO Yesterday 05:51 PM
by mzjazz2u Instant
Hi from Jasper, remember me? ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last Page)
carolcat 10th September 2007 02:42 PM
by jcat Instant
Love and Cheese Danish ( 1 2 3)
Momofmany 9th September 2007 09:40 PM
by AbbysMom Instant
Drinking LOTS of water/bloated belly ( 1 2)
Barblynnp 4th September 2007 05:20 PM
by catnapt Instant
I might be a great aunty this weekend! ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last Page)
Rosiemac 3rd September 2007 01:51 PM
by Kiwideus Instant
I'm a Grandma AND have a new son! ( 1 2 3)
mzjazz2u 3rd September 2007 07:09 AM
by LokisMum Instant
Inappropriate Smilies ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last Page)
DawnofSierra 24th August 2007 04:29 PM
by CoolCat Instant
Pictures of the Bride ( 1 2)
mzjazz2u 15th August 2007 10:10 PM
by HopeHacker Instant

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still not getting them either and my default subscription mode is "receive daily email notifications", but I haven't gotten any for at least 3 weeks....