Squeak's Debut..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squeakmansmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you

No idea really what breed he is. He does have a blue tint, and has the tabby stripes...anytime anybody asks, I tell him he's shelter kitty.
Someone asked me at work the other day what he was...they asked if he was Blue something or other...Manganese?..lol, Can't remember, just knew he was shelter kitty.

I love him to pieces..along with our other 2 equally spoiled brats.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What an adorable baby! And he grew up to be quite a handsome boy too! I LOVE greay cats...beautiful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squeakmansmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks all!

His fur when we got him was terrible.. it was like a well worn fleece shirt..you all know how nappy fleece gets after several hundred washings.. He's super healthy now though..I think much more well fed than he was when we got him, and he's TONS happier!

Although he's prolly gonna be hatin' Mama this week.. he's goin' to the vet to get..neutered.
poor baby.

What's a humane alternative to declawing? Anybody have any suggestions? I refuse to have his lil tootsies cut, but I need to have his claws not be so sharp..(my foot is out of unscratched territory from where he pounces on it from under the bed at bedtime!)

brittany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SqueakmansMama

What's a humane alternative to declawing? Anybody have any suggestions? I refuse to have his lil tootsies cut, but I need to have his claws not be so sharp..(my foot is out of unscratched territory from where he pounces on it from under the bed at bedtime!)
He is beautiful! I haven't used them, but I have heard a lot about "soft paws". I saw them at petsmart the other night, they're a few more dollars in the store by my house than online though:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...amily&keepsr=1

Someone who has actually used them can probably tell you more.
I have a ton of little cuts all over my body because of my cat
. when we got her spayed the vet trimmed her nails for free which helped a LOT, but I don't have time to take her to a groomer every week when they start getting out of control LOL.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww he has grown so much!

Soft claws (in Brittany's link) are a great alternative and there is information on here on teaching him where it is appropriate to claw (the scratching post rather than your feet)

bella's_mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
I put Soft Claws on Bella 2 weeks ago, they were very easy to do, you cut her claws fill the soft claws 1/3 full of glue and slide it over the nail, it's that easy. One fell off after a week and it was very simple to replace. The first time, as I was doing 10 claws was a little stressful, but I would think that as all I have to do now is replace them it will be no problem. I think that when the nail grows it pushes the soft claw off, so you have to cut the nail & replace. She doesn't seem to notice, she is still 'scratching' things but no damage on furniture or cuts on us. I had phoned our vet to ask if they would put them on but they had no idea what they were, I don't know what their reaction will be when she goes in for her shots next month.
I would say if you can cut cat's claws you can put them on.
Good Luck