Heavily Pregnant

emma335

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey im new here but need some help. My cat Libby is pregnant, we think maybe about 67 days now. We took her to the vets 4 days ago and he said she should have her kittens within 48 hours but as you can see she hasn't. She has also got an eye infection and she's making it very difficult for us to put the cream on her eye to treat her, but that seems to be clearing up now
. Shes been meowing for food alot and following us all around and her babies are kicking away but she's showing no signs of nesting and hasnt been in any of the boxes or beds we've provided her throughout the whole pregnancy. Is there any way of telling when she will give birth without checking her temperature, and could there be anything wrong? She is only a little cat, about 1 year old, but her belly has got HUGE, which makes it hard for her to walk, she takes about 3 steps them flops over. I really hope nothings wrong

This is Libby btw:

dancingseahorse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Your kitty is gorgeous and alot bigger than my Floss!! Floss is on day 55 and is behaving in exactly the same way as yours is. She isnt interested in any of the boxes I have lovingly prepared for her either. She'd rather stretch out on the coffee table or on my bed. As for the flopping down after a few steps i'd like to say thats normal as my cat is doing the same. I'm just putting that down to uncomfortable tired cat with a tummy full of babies. From what i have read on here I think you and I both should get lots of useful advice!! Its a great site.!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emma335

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankyou
Libby seems to like stretching out on the laminate flooring, and i dont think my mum will be too happy if she has her kittens there :p. I hope she has them soon though as she seems very uncomfortable. I hope everything goes well with Floss!

dancingseahorse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Emma. Its only day 55 here (Its like big Brother lol) and I'm nervous already so I cant imagine how it must be in your house lol!!. I'm guessing its pretty iminent for you which is very exciting. I think them stretching out on glass coffee tables and laminent floor is down to them being hot what with the weather and being crowded with Kittens. Floss is black aswell and black absorbs heat. Remember lots of piccies!!

emma335

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol! We dont know exactly how long ago the kittens were conceived, it was really quite a shock when we found out she was pregnant! Then we took her to the vets a few weeks ago and he said she was about 7 weeks and since then i've just been counting the days. The problem with the weather in England recently has been its freezing cold one day and the next its really warm, like today. And don't worry, I'll make sure my camera's charged so i can take loads of pics of the newborns :p

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hi im in the south east aswell. i know what you mean about the weather lately.
if she is indeed at 67 days give her another 48 hours if still no kittens then i would speak to a vet again.

have you seen the kittens moving a lot?
sometimes they dont show any signs of being ready untill they have them.
i hope she has a safe delivery and healthy kittens, and remember she can get pregnant just a few days after she gives birth , so she will need to stay away from any intacked males and not to be allowed outside untill she has been safely spayed.
good luck , keep us updated on her progress.

purrdy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HI there
I thought I would answer this thread, and I hope you do not mind. I am by no way any kind of knowledge pool on this, but I have seen many births in my rescue years. Some cats dont seem to show any obvious signs, and I have seen many ignore the boxes we make them, until the last minute, then they might jump in and give birth in them.

As has been suggested, give her another 48 hours then see your vet again. As long as you can see the kittens moving try not to get over worried. Good luck for the birth, hope all goes well for you!

emma335

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Because shes a long haired cat you cant see the kittens moving, but when i stroke her i can feeling them moving and kicking. And yeah we're getting her spayed as soon as the kittens are able to feed themselves, and in the meantime we'll keep her in

emma335

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice
I think she's just being awkward :p Or maybe she likes all the attentions we're giving her so much she doesnt want to have them lol!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no advice to offer since I've never had or been around a pregnant cat.
I just wanted to say that Libby is a beautiful girl.

purrdy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree, she is beutifull. She might suprise you, and you'll wake up one morning to hear tiny meows!

emma335

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by purrdy

I agree, she is beutifull. She might suprise you, and you'll wake up one morning to hear tiny meows!
You should see our Eddie, hes a gorgeous bengal tiger. We got him and Libby at the same time. He's so cute
and sleeps in really weird positions.. lol!

mishirish

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since Libby is a long-hair cat, if she'll let you you should trim the hair around her nipples. Otherwise, it'll be a milky mess once the kittens are born and start to nurse. Good luck, and I can't wait to see pictures!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my! She's huge! lol. She's also drop-dead gorgeous!

Your little boy is like my Binx. He's a gray tabby too and also likes to sleep in those weird positions, lol. It's must be a male tabby thing. Haha.

You might want to consider getting your boy neutered before Libby has her kittens. He can get her pregnant just a couple days after she gives birth.
That would be no fun for poor Libby, lol.

Good luck and be sure to keep us all posted!

purrdy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
aww he's sweet.
My bengals love sleeping in weird positions, I'll try getting some photos

any sign of kitties yet?

emma335

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mishirish

Since Libby is a long-hair cat, if she'll let you you should trim the hair around her nipples. Otherwise, it'll be a milky mess once the kittens are born and start to nurse. Good luck, and I can't wait to see pictures!
Thanks, I'll try and trim the furr but I dont know if she'll be too happy about it lol She does seem to try and put up quite a fight when we try and keep her in one place for too long.

emma335

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

Oh my! She's huge! lol. She's also drop-dead gorgeous!

Your little boy is like my Binx. He's a gray tabby too and also likes to sleep in those weird positions, lol. It's must be a male tabby thing. Haha.

You might want to consider getting your boy neutered before Libby has her kittens. He can get her pregnant just a couple days after she gives birth.
That would be no fun for poor Libby, lol.

Good luck and be sure to keep us all posted!
I know she's getting bigger by the day lol! And we had Eddie neutered a couple of weeks ago
And we're going to get Libby spayed as soon as we can after she gives birth!

emma335

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by purrdy

aww he's sweet.
My bengals love sleeping in weird positions, I'll try getting some photos

any sign of kitties yet?
No sign of the kittens
I swear she's just being stubborn! She's probably laughing at us all behind our back thinking "Not yeeeet :p" everytime we check up on her in the morning.