I got a job!!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the past few days I have been visiting my friend in New Jersey and I had an interview during my visit (basically my friend set it up).

The job itself is IT research (as opposed to the IT-support-and-do-everything that I'm in right now).

So in the next 4-5 weeks B, the cats and myself are MOVING!!!
I got the job

B has to place in his notice (as well as me) and he'll need to start looking for a job. However just the local paper from the area I'm working in, there are about 3 sections of jobs for him to look at. It's really SOOOO different from here.

So the next question I have is....who here is from NJ and what is a good mid point between Trenton and Long Beach?? You can PM me rather than posting if you want.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll see about the 16th. that's going to be a day that is up in the air for me since I have to find a place to live for all of us!

I would love to meet all of the Michigan people (and see again of course
) before I go!

Oh and the funniest thing about all this (this is more or less a confirmation WHY I'm leaving my current job). After meeting up with the contractors and such, I received a phone call from one of my current coworkers. They moved my office while I was out of town. They're working on redoing the conference room before october and apparently they decided to move my office for me for one reason or another.

My friend that I was visiting was in disbelief. He was like "I can't believe they couldn't wait until Monday to do this...you were only gone 2 days!"
I agreed.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the new job and the big move east!!
Maybe it was a sign about your office being moved.

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

So the next question I have is....who here is from NJ and what is a good mid point between Trenton and Long Beach?? You can PM me rather than posting if you want.

Oh, damn damn damn it!! I wish I could help but I'm not from there, I'm from Newark's area

But if you need me to help you with anything let me know, I'm so glad you got a job, I'm really happy for you!!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Jenney!! I hope that the job goes well for you and that your B is able to find a job quickly as well!!
Still hope to see you again at the meet-up, but we'll understand (
) if you can't!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow!! That's so fantastic Jenney!!! What a big move for you, good luck with everything

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!!!

I handed in my resignation today and so far so good. I'm basically working on a) finding a place b) getting mover quotes and c) updating everything for my absence.

I started looking up plane tickets to go back out there for rental viewings and OMG if I fly 2 weeks from now it's $500 (roundtrip and rental cost). So I'm seriously considering renting a car and driving the 10 hours out there. It'll be good so that I know the route we'll need for the official move.