Daily Thread Sunday 26 August

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning, afternoon and evening all. How are we today???

Well it seems that a daily thread on the weekends isn't so bad, had a few positive comments so decided I would continue to make them on the weekends. As I said though I thought weekends are still daily days (that makes no sense at all) but anyway.....

So today I went to church as per every Sunday, then went and bought some wet food for Ryu coz forgot it yesterday. I have decided though that this will be the last lot of wet and that he will now get transitioned over to dry. Had lunch, then when I got home, I found Diego's bag of dry food split open and on the floor. I tell you I was fuming and really Peeved, the little so and so, maybe Ryu as well, climbed up onto the food cabinet, which is a little higher than, the cupboard unit in the dining room which I mentioned, that Ryu and Diego have flying competitions off. Anyway I will blame Diego because he really is teaching Ryu some bad habits, so he knocked the bag of dry onto the floor and ate the remainder of its contents, but forgot to dispose of the evidence. The most surprising thing though, on top of the cabinet is a glass sake flask and a flower vase as well as a tin off cooking oil. All of which he didn't knock over or break. Cats eh

Oh yea, as I mentioned in a thread last week we had a thunder storm, then I mentioned that water got in my house and messed up my usb adapter (4in1 thing) well thats fixed now but..... I just discovered today the water must have got into my printer coz it is dead absolutely fizzed

So I am on a mission to find the warranty so I can take it back.

Other than that folks its been a quiet day. Roasting hot though.

Everyone have a great Sunday, last day of the weekend before work starts up again
sorry, had to rub it in.

P.S Small rant. We got the phone connected a few weeks ago to find out yesterday, my family and friends cannot call me on it. My mum rang my mobile yesterday, which you know is expensive for Int'l calls, she said "Takezou, you gave me the wrong number, when I call you it gives a no such number tone" well that was interesting, we know the number is correct coz we called it ourselves the day it was connected, but heres the kicker. When I called it from my mobile I didn't have it up to my ear, so didn't realize til experimenting yesterday, when calling from my mobile there is no ringing tone, just silence although the landline works. MIL tried calling yesterday but she hung up before we answered because she said she was getting an odd ringing tone. So I am really peeved that my family and friends can't call, apparently I'm not the only one with that problem. One of mums friends from church said her son too is in Japan and she can't ring him. It perhaps has something to do with the landline being run through the internet. (Not skype
)

Anywho....... /end rant

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunny and breezy here today..Shaping up to be a very nice day weather wise.
Heading into work in a bit to finish off my end of week reports and such but should be throw around 3.

Such a nice day am going to take a walk along the fitness trail after work and maybe if I feel energetic finish up a couple of yard work items I have been putting off.

The kitties are good, Sassy is napping and Linus is snacking.

Everyone have a good one.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's threatening to rain here, lots of wind and I am heading into the city where I have been housesitting for the past week for a friend.

I have to go buy a turtle if you can believe it. My friend and I discovered her 3 year old's turtle dead in the tank the day before they left on vacation. It's an aquatic turtle about the size of a toonie (canadian 2 dollar coin) they are very unremarkable in markings and all look the same so my friend asked me to replace it before they got back. So I am off to buy "Franklin Jr." I'm sure the 3 year old won't know the difference. Wish me luck keeping him alive until wednesday when they get home.
I know it's not "moral" to replace a pet without explaining to the child, but we didn't want to ruin his vacation before it even began. And telling a 3 year old that he killed is one and only pet is not my idea of good karma. So once again wish me luck!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It kind of looks like rain here. All the race fans have packed up and started moving out, onward to the next track I guess. So now begins the cleanup!
It still hasnt rained... it rained a bit thursday but only in certain spots. But hopefully today its only going to be in the mid 80's and theres a 50% chance so we got our fingers crossed!
My plans for today, relax and clean the house up a bit other than that NOTHING. Oh and run to the store to get new catfood because when I went Friday they didnt have the usual kind we get, so I got a different kind. One of the healthy weight formulas since 2 kitties are a bit chunky and 1 is a bit skinny... and now they are hunger striking against me...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

Well it's threatening to rain here, lots of wind and I am heading into the city where I have been housesitting for the past week for a friend.

I have to go buy a turtle if you can believe it. My friend and I discovered her 3 year old's turtle dead in the tank the day before they left on vacation. It's an aquatic turtle about the size of a toonie (canadian 2 dollar coin) they are very unremarkable in markings and all look the same so my friend asked me to replace it before they got back. So I am off to buy "Franklin Jr." I'm sure the 3 year old won't know the difference. Wish me luck keeping him alive until wednesday when they get home.
I know it's not "moral" to replace a pet without explaining to the child, but we didn't want to ruin his vacation before it even began. And telling a 3 year old that he killed is one and only pet is not my idea of good karma. So once again wish me luck!
Luck

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We gone yesterday from 8:30 am to 11:30 pm-1st at auction I bought 3 hugh tarps (a couple landscape specialty ones) for $175.00. Which is about $75 more than I wanted to pay0I think the auctioneer jumped my own bid!!
Then ate at DQ, drove home and switched vehicles and drove up to the rural fair where my nephew's 4H club exhibits. He got a couple blue ribbons for one of his cows and the one of the blue wa for showmanship (finally and in his lst yr of 4H)
One of his pigs was bought for $6.50/pound which should bring in over $1600!! Oh and more ribbons
His veggie combination won a blue ribbons too!!
Then we drove to his parent's house,visited had pizza, called another SIL and the 5 of them played cards while I got their computer cleaned up and their printer working!!
Today-laundry on the line, finally mowed the lawn, roasted some tomatoes and made a batch of tomato sauce. Gonna relax the rest of the day!!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today we worked on getting the tree cleaned up. I found out that it was a walnut not a maple tree that fell Thurs night. No wonder the squirrels are in Heaven. No more climbing to get the nuts on the tree. They are still scattered on the ground. We thought we'd let them polish off some of them and then mow over the rest in a few days (with the old mower of course).
That was NOT a fun thing to deal with on my only days off (kind of sucked actually) but it needed to be done, so what can ya do?
Right now I'm doing laundry and cleaning the bathrooms but hubby decided he needed to take a shower RIGHT as I was cleaning the bathroom so I took a break. I swear sometimes he just doesn't think about what I'm doing at the time and just does his own thing.

Anyway, tomorrow back to the grind.
I need a vacation!!

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I had to work. It's Bank Holiday Weekend over here so most people get the weekend off. But not me. But I did get to leave early, 3pm today.

I went home to pick up my SO and our son, then went to my mums for a Sunday Roast....mmmmm......Mums really are the best cooks.

Came home and sat with my kittens for a while, then sent my son to bed.

Logged into TheCatSite.

THE END

taterkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I slept all day today since I have to work graveyard tonight so I accomplished nothing today. My hubby and daughter went to visit his mother so they wouldn't disturb me.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew, I'm worn out today. It's been my only relaxation day this week! If you can even call it that...

I had to be up at 6:30 to find Tigger to give her a Methimazole tablet since she had an appointment at the vet later in the day. Couldn't find her, except once I woke Rob up to help me look, she was standing at the bedroom door waiting. Went back to bed until 10:15am (So nice to finally sleep in this week!). We got everything ready, around 11:45 we popped Tigger in the carrier for her 12pm appointment.

Everything came back fine - all her blood tests were good, they re-did blood work so we can bring her to a hyperthyroid treatment center in Charleston soon to get her the I-131 treatment. I ended up getting a splitting headache while we were in Wal*Mart though, so now I'm trying to just relax inside while Rob is doing miscellaneous things outside (including calling me out there to show me a now-dead black widow!!). He got a friend to buy his parents' car since they bought a brand new one last week.

Back to work tomorrow, probably another 9-10 hour workday! Luckily I love my new position at work!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

Today we worked on getting the tree cleaned up. I found out that it was a walnut not a maple tree that fell Thurs night.
Was it a huge tree? or just a small one? Now that you have disposed of it, my brain clicks over and thinks, oohhh you should see if you can actually sell the timber.
I used to work for a landscaping company, we sometimes felled trees (fancy that) anyway I used to take some of the timber home so I could dry it and make chopping boards. Sad thing is I procrastinated and ended up throwing out all the timber to move here.
No time to sell it

Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

I went home to pick up my SO and our son, then went to my mums for a Sunday Roast....mmmmm......Mums really are the best cooks.
I want to be a smarty pants and say "not when the child becomes a chef".
but hey how often does that happen eh?

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

Was it a huge tree? or just a small one? Now that you have disposed of it, my brain clicks over and thinks, oohhh you should see if you can actually sell the timber.
I used to work for a landscaping company, we sometimes felled trees (fancy that) anyway I used to take some of the timber home so I could dry it and make chopping boards. Sad thing is I procrastinated and ended up throwing out all the timber to move here.
No time to sell it
It was fairly big. All the nuts went everywhere. It went about a foot into the ground. I posted a pic of it on the storm cloud pics thread. We want to plant another tree there but aren't sure what to plant. Any ideas?

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It was fairly big. All the nuts went everywhere. It went about a foot into the ground. I posted a pic of it on the storm cloud pics thread. We want to plant another tree there but aren't sure what to plant. Any ideas?
I must have missed that thread.

I would be tempted to see what kind of storms hit, and how often. I mean you wouldn't want to plant a new tree there and have the same thing happen again eh.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I must have missed that thread.

I would be tempted to see what kind of storms hit, and how often. I mean you wouldn't want to plant a new tree there and have the same thing happen again eh.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139432

I think you'll find it here if I did it right.

Any tree I plant there has the potential of blowing over. It's not very protected and it's out in the opened. So, what can you do?

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139432

I think you'll find it here if I did it right.

Any tree I plant there has the potential of blowing over. It's not very protected and it's out in the opened. So, what can you do?
Wow looks like a great property. Its interesting that only the 1 tree broke.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow looks like a great property. Its interesting that only the 1 tree broke.
Thank you, it borders an arboretum. I know. It's like a gust of wind went through behind my neighbors, took their tree out, then went and took ours, then went and took our friends across the roads out. It looked like a war zone when I came home. It was pretty scary.