Member Spotlight of the Week***Kai Bengals***

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This week the Spotlight goes to Nial A/K/A Kai Bengals. Nail and his wife, Teri are the breeders of some of the most beautiful Bengals around, and I know there have to be a lot of people who are curious about them and about their excellent cattery, and of course those beautiful Bengals.

I'll start off the questions.

1-Hi Nial! When did you decide to start breeding Bengals?

2-Have you ever been interesting in breeding, any other breed of cats other than Bengals?

3-What is it that you like BEST about the Bengal breed?

4-Do you have any other animals besides your Bengals?

5-Are cats your favourite type of animal?

6-What is your favourite type of music? If so what is it?

7-Do you have a favourite band or music performer? If so, what is their name?

8-Do you have a favourite TV show? If so, what is the name of your fav show?

9-What is your all time favourite movie? If so, what is the name of your favourite movie?

10-Do you have a hobby? If so, please explain what it is you like about it.

11-Do you miss Hawaii?

I'll stop for now, so other's can have some questions for you, as well.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1-Hi Nial! When did you decide to start breeding Bengals? We bought our first bengal over ten years ago, to get a feel for the breed. It was pretty much love at first sight. Since we were already experienced breeders of orientals we jumped in with both feet into bengal breeding.

2-Have you ever been interesting in breeding, any other breed of cats other than Bengals? Prior to the bengals it was orientals. I would also like to breed Singapuras, but I won't unless we stop breeding the bengals. I'd still like to have a Singapura and/or a Russian Blue as a pet.

3-What is it that you like BEST about the Bengal breed? There are so many things, but if I had to pick just one thing it would be their Loyalty.

4-Do you have any other animals besides your Bengals? Not unless you count the squirrels in our yard. We had a female Dachshund, but the bengals liked to ambush her and I was afraid they'd injure her eyes with their rough housing, so my mother-in-law has her. So she's still in the family and we see her alot.

5-Are cats your favourite type of animal? As far as domesticated animals go, yes they are. I do like parrots as well, but they aren't a good mix with bengals.

6-What is your favourite type of music? If so what is it? I like a little bit of everything, depends on my mood. Not a big fan of rap. I usually have my radio tuned to a country station when I'm driving.

7-Do you have a favourite band or music performer? If so, what is their name? Can't think of a contemporary favorite, but classic rock would be Aerosmith and Fleetwood Mac.

8-Do you have a favourite TV show? If so, what is the name of your fav show? I don't watch much TV, but when I do, it's usually a sit-com. Like, Everyone Loves Raymond, King of Queens, Seinfeld. I also like CSI.

9-What is your all time favourite movie? If so, what is the name of your favourite movie? I really enjoyed the Matrix trilogy

10-Do you have a hobby? If so, please explain what it is you like about it. My main hobby is working with the bengal breed. But, when I have time I enjoy working on german cars, primarily merecedes and bmw. I have several that I modify. It's relaxing and I get some personal satisfaction out of it. Lately showing the bengals takes up most of my time though!

11-Do you miss Hawaii? Not so much as people might think. We lived there for 15 years, so we were able to do and see everything. I've been to all 7 islands and enjoyed everything Hawaii had to offer. It was great, but I'm glad to be back on the mainland.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Nail

Why did you pick bengals?

who is the real cat lover in the family or you wife.

have you ever been given a hard time for bing a guy and liking cats?

how to do you pick the people when you may have several applying for the same kitten?(this is set up question if i ever want another cat hehe)

Since i dont know much about cat breeds, and did not even know what a bengals was until a year ago, What would you tell the first time owner

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Question re Hawaii - which one was your fav island and why?
Molokai. It's very rural, with only about 8,000 permanent residents. You can go to the beaches there and be the only person on the beach. Aside from the ocean, the island terrain reminds me of where I grew up in Montana. Lots of ranches and pine trees. Doesn't sound like Hawaii, does it?

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Bruce

Why did you pick bengals? I wanted a really interactive cat. One that was glad to see me when I came home from work and not just because it was hungry. A cat with some of the traits of a dog, but without being extremely needy.

who is the real cat lover in the family or you wife. Teri was originally more cat oriented than I. She got into breeding Oriental shorthairs and I was sort of forced into the whole thing.
After a short while, I really started to enjoy all the cat antics.

have you ever been given a hard time for bing a guy and liking cats? A few times. Most of my friends and the guys I work with know that I love my cats and they are actually interested in learning about them, but I don't make it a habit to talk about them endlessly. Goes sorta like this:
"dude how'd your cats do at the show last weekend?"
"not bad, they kicked some butt here and there"
"sweet!"
End of cat convo.

how to do you pick the people when you may have several applying for the same kitten?(this is set up question if i ever want another cat hehe)
I don't encounter that on a regular basis, but what we normally do is "first come first served", as long as the interview goes well. We generally have a waiting list for kittens of a certain type or gender and when one becomes available I let the first person on the list know, and so on.

Since i dont know much about cat breeds, and did not even know what a bengals was until a year ago, What would you tell the first time owner
Fasten your seatbelt, you're in for a fun ride.

In all seriousness, I tell people thinking of owning a bengal, to do some research and ask alot of questions. The best source of information on what it like to own a bengal is from the owners themselves, but you need to poll 5 or more owners to get a good idea. Breeders tend to get into the technical aspects, like the care and maintenance. The owners will tell you about all the interesting stuff they do on a dialy basis. And you'll get both the good and the bad about the breed. But keep in mind that everyone has a different concept of what is good and what is bad. I personally think it's hilarious what little hooligans they can be. Other people might find some of their antics a bit too much to handle.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nial Congrats on the Spotlight!!
Here are a few:

What is your favorite breed after Bengals?

Do you realize how cute Bengals are? How do you not keep them ALL?

Where were you born?

What kind of tv show do you watch if any?

What was your dinner tonight?

Do you drink alcohol?

Do you own a cell phone? What kind is it?

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Nial Congrats on the Spotlight!!
Here are a few:
What is your favorite breed after Bengals? I have a few favorites, but the top of my list is the Singapura, followed closely by the Russian Blue.
I also like Maine Coons and Rag Dolls. I'm sure one day I will have a Singapura or two. Probably after I retire from bengal breeding.

Do you realize how cute Bengals are? How do you not keep them ALL?
I'm kind of amazed that I still think they are cute after a decade of being surrounded by them. I can honestly say that not a day has gone by that my bengals have not made me laugh or smile....that is worth more than I can put into words. It's much easier to let the kittens go when we look at how happy the new owners are. The kittens will soon forget us but they will bring lots of joy to their new owners and most keep us in the loop. We sort of have this big extended family...that makes it nice.

Where were you born? Alexandria, Virginia

What kind of tv show do you watch if any? I like sit-coms. Frasier was a favorite. Everybody Loves Raymond, etc. I like CSI Las Vegas. The guy on CSI Miami, bugs me, so I don't watch it.

What was your dinner tonight? I'm skipping dinner tonight because I ate a late lunch and I'm full. Turkey club sandwich with curly fries.

Do you drink alcohol? Doesn't everyone? I like Johnnie Walker Black Label. Bud Light when it's really hot outside.

Do you own a cell phone? What kind is it? I have a LG from verizon. Nothing fancy, but it will take a blurry picture.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Molokai. It's very rural, with only about 8,000 permanent residents. You can go to the beaches there and be the only person on the beach. Aside from the ocean, the island terrain reminds me of where I grew up in Montana. Lots of ranches and pine trees. Doesn't sound like Hawaii, does it?
OK, so where in Montana did you grow up????

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My all time favorite question: You are being chased by zombies and have a choice of weapons. One is a sling shot the other is a flame thrower. What do you use and why?

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

My all time favorite question: You are being chased by zombies and have a choice of weapons. One is a sling shot the other is a flame thrower. What do you use and why?
Zombies aren't known for being able to run fast, so I'd get rid of the flame thrower because it's weighing me down. This will allow me to outrun the zombies and I can use the sling shot to pick them off at my leisure............or not.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Nial,

Congrats on being spotlight of the week!

What is your favorite thing to do on a lazy day at home?
Which cat is your favorite right now and why?
How old are you?
Do you have children? If not , do you want kids? If so, DID you want kids?

What time of night do you usually go to sleep?
How many cats have owned you over your life?
How many own you now?
What is something we may not know about you?
What is one bill you hate paying every month?
What do you remember most about your senior year in high school?
How did you and Teri meet?
Do you own a pair of yellow socks?
What is in the trunk of your car right now? Where did you hide the body?
What is the last thing you said?
When did you last write a letter with pen and paper?
When was the last time you talked to your parents?
Where would you like to travel that you have not been before?
What is the most memorable place you have been?
What is your most prized possession?

That's all for me now! Congrats again!
Jill

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK Nial, so I know whether to consider you an ally or a rival: which high school did you attend? (I'm a bitterrooter -- feel free to pm if it's too personal to say)

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!....

Congratulations & Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!

SO,...Today the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs…
AJUA!!!.........Here we go...

1.- ¿Do you to know México?

2.- ¿Wich part exactly?

3.- Have you ever hearded about Mérida Yucatán México???? Is the place where I´m live!
As you can see in yucatán is Chichen Itza one of the New 7 wonders of the world!

Here´s the link my friend….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php
4.- Can you speak spanish?
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)

( here´s the link my friend: )
http://cancun.gob.mx/guiaturistica2/

Enought for today, ....see you tomorrow my friend...

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah! Congrats Nial!

Do you enjoy being in the spotlight? (here and in real life)

What's one unusual/unique thing about you that others might not guess?

Do you ever get tired of talking about bengals or cats in general?

How do you ever get anything done at home with all those trouble makers?

Do you enjoy eating?

What about cooking?

What's your favorite thing to eat/cook?

Do you have a favorite kitchen gadget?

Do you have any daily rituals? What are they and how did they start?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are ya ready?

You hear a knock at your front door. You open it and there stands the celebrity of your dreams?
Who is it and will Teri be jealous? a

And will they survive the onslaught of Bengals?

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though you haven't answered my last ones yet, I may not be able to get on later so I will add just a few!!

When you type, do you hunt and peck or do you know where the keys are without looking?
What size shoe do you wear?
Do you dress casually or more dressed up?
How often do you tell your wife you love her? In public?

Do you drink coffee? Tea? Milk?
What is the last song you sang outloud?
Do you drive fast, slow or the speed limit?
Who do you think made the biggest impact on your life? Good or Bad?
Have you ever met anyone from TCS IRL?
Have you heard the term "scratch-n-flatch"? Do you? (The Gentlemens Club thread has that term!)http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139782

That's all for now! Later!!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Nial......you are just getting bombarded with questions! I'll add a few of my own.

1. Do you like to travel?

2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

3. Do you know any other languages? If so, what are they? If not, what language would you like to learn?

4. Do you play any sports?

5. What do you look for when you interview future potential bengal owners?

6. What's your favorite candy/chocolate?

If I repeated any you have already answeres, sorry!
I did try to go through the questions before posting mine.