What are you vain/proud about? (a feel good thread)

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted about dying my hair and thought this would be a good idea since there's been alot of "bad news" posted.

So, what about you are you proud or vain about?

For me?
It's my hair and eyes!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... not much. But after years of working on it, I've finally come to like my singing voice.

Oh -- and the eyedrops I have to use for glaucoma cause my eyelashes to grow just fabulously long! I look like Bambi!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love my hair, it's long, and healthy as all get out, but that's because I never blow dry or use heat appliances
I also love my color and its shiny!

I'm also very proud of my kitties and of the fact that I have dedicated my life to these very special babies.

I'm also proud of myself for getting thru my divorce and being happier now then I have at any other point in my life.

I'm also very proud of myself for quitting smoking at the beginning of the year, I have not have one hit off a cigarette since January 1st

sissy's mommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
100% my hair...I'm always getting caught looking in a mirror and playing with it! Especially when it's long, which it hasn't been in 2 years (it was almost down to the bottom of my back, and I chopped it to below my ears and gave it to "Locks of Love"). No matter what length though, it thick and shiny, everyone is always jealous of it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW.. I didn't know so many people were like me when it comes to hair

Speaking of hair, my oldest son decided to dy his hair also tonight with the extra dye

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of people like my hair but I hate its unruliness and staticy poof. I love my eyes though. They're a grey/blue with a green tinge when I get upset.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

I cannot think of a single thing! There has to be something
Will keep thinkin.
Bonnie! My goodness, you just graduated with how many advanced degrees? And in a field that will allow you to do great service to people in need, yet! You have SO MUCH to be proud of!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well you all know it's taken me probably 8 years to get my hair right. Cutting it way back short for that emo long fringe/spikey back combo, bleaching and going orange, baaad layering etc, cutting fringe too short. Now it's perfect. I am vain because it took me so long to accomplish the length. But not to worry, being so thick and curly it gets knotty easily...and then i want to cut it off again! LOl

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I voted other because mine is so broad.

I'm so happy with where I am in life. I have a hubby and 2 grown up children I adore. 5 gorgeous kitties and a lovely home and garden.

I started University after my daughter was born and LOVED the experience, that lead me to a place in life where I'm doing the job I would always have wanted to do and loving it!

I wouldn't want to change a thing
Well, apart from the few extra pounds I could rid myself of, but I'm working on it. I think my best feature physically are my eyes

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am proud of my Bachelor's Degree. I haven't been able to use it in a career, but I worked hard for it. And I'm proud to have it.

I'm also vain about our car. July 2nd we bought our first brand new car.
It's so shiny, red, and new.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get compliments on my eyes. I think they're my best feature. I'm actually the proudest of my three degrees. I'm at a very happy place in my life, doing a job that makes a significant difference in people's lives. I enjoy what I do for a living so very much.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I'm not vain about anything. I accept me as me (tho would like to lose about 15-20 lbs). I had experience with many people who were vain about things and they were kinda unhappy people about most things.

I take care of myself/looks but not vain about anything.

A coworker (who retired) was really vain. She would never leave home without makeup, without the "proper" clothes/shoes/purse - all matching. One day she got to work and realized her stocking were not matching her outfit. She PAID someone at work to drive her home so she could change stockings!

And she was vain enough to have all of the spider veins in her legs removed cause they were "ugly". Then a few years later she had to have bypass heart surgery. Normally they use veins in your legs, but those had been removed out of vanity - so they had to cut other veins out of another part of her body. She was left with some scars and she was more upset about that then her health.

I find that very sad.

Now I AM proud of being married to the most wonderful loving husband in the world - he's my best friend, lover and hubby all in one. And we are proud of all our kids

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Not really vain, but I answered "Other", because I spend more time beautifying my house than myself! (I figure it's a lost cause with myself...)

I'm annoyingly obsessive about keeping the house clean; even to the exclusion of giving up more enjoyable things, to stay home and clean. I have 9 cats, 4 of whom are long-hairs, so I have to vacuum each day--even if it's just using the DustBuster (great for this, BTW). I can't stand to see those "tumbleweeds" of fur lying around! Also, I'm fanatical about keeping smells down. Luckily, I can keep the worst of smells, the litter boxes, in our garage--the laundry room has a cat door that leads into the garage (we never use it for cars, just storage), and the boxes are out there, with a laundry sink to wash them in (I'm obsessive about those, too. When my Mom-In-Law laughed when I said I change the litter twice a week, and scrub out the boxes then, I felt like I was a nut--she only dumps the litter every 2 weeks, and even then doesn't wash the boxes out!) . When I change the boxes, I also sweep and mop the garage floor. I like the floors to be clean for my babies to walk on, and it helps keep the odor down.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every stylist I've met said they are jealous of my hair. I just let it dry naturally and let it sit naturally. I have natural waves. I'm not vain about it, because I got it from my genes and you are given what you're given.

I am proud how well I take care of the cats.

Most of all I'm proud of what I have been able to accomplish and what I'm still accomplishing. I've always paid my own way, and been considered an independent for as long as I can remember. I'm excited to return to college for my 2nd degree in social work, and help those in need.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm proud of the fact that I have one more class and then I will have a Master's Degree. what makes it even more worth the degree is that I'm paying every penny by myself.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted an accomplishment in my life.

I am proud that I have grown into being a great pet owner.

I am proud that I have been able to lose 22 lbs in a healthy way.