help!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hello,

am having a few problems with my cat's! 1's 6 months, 1's 4 months & the other 1's 3 months, they keep going to the loo in the house and even right near the litter tray, this is happening even when they have a clean tray put down. i have started letting them outside now, to see what they are like, they are loving it outside but it's puzzling me as to why they keep misbehaving. any help will be much appreciated! i have put their litter tray outside by the door to see whether that'll help them to start going outside.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think we need more information to start with. Have they always gone outside the litter box or is this recent behaviour? How old were they when you got them and were they litter trained at that time? How many litter boxes do you have? For three cats the ideal is to have one litter box per cat plus 1 extra, i.e. 4 litter boxes. Cats often don't like to p and poo in the same box and not having enough boxes could be the cause of your problem.

The other comment I have is that they are awfully young to be outside without supervision. I personally don't believe in cats being outside at all, but certainly not kittens this young.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you only have one box for 3 kittens, you need at least 1-2 more! Some cats don't like a box that is used a lot. How often do you scoop the pan?

And I'd not be letting that young of kittens outside without supervision. Good way to lose them or them get hurt. Also are all of the kittens neutered/spayed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all 3 of them are litter trained yes! they are supervised whilst outside, they don't go out all day, and no the male 1's 2 young to be neutered, and as for the females, i intend to breed from them. the poop is scooped out whenever i have seen that they have done 1, and it's recent behaviour. thanks for the advice but all cats are different. i will get them more litter trays to see if this solves the problem, i believe in letting cats out, as it's cruel to keep them locked from the outside world but everyone's different i guess.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your cats are not pedigree and worthy of breeding, they should be spayed. There is no legit reason for a mixed breed cat to have kittens.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there's also no reason why they can't have kittens either. they don't have to be pedigree! am sorry, i felt that comment was rather harsh!

again thanks everyone for the help and advice.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

If your cats are not pedigree and worthy of breeding, they should be spayed. There is no legit reason for a mixed breed cat to have kittens.
One could argue that with so many shelters overflowing with wonderful kitties needing loving homes that there is no "legit reason" to be breeding cats *period*, pedigreed or not.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it was harsh, but before you let your cats have kittens, take a trip down to the local humane society/shelter and have a talk with the people there and see if they think its a good idea. Then take a trip in the back to see HOW many unwanted cats/dogs are killed because people like yourself are letting them breed.

Unless you spay and neuter every kitten you produce and are willing to take them back if the new owner can't keep them, then you should not be breeding. Whether you have a pedigree or not, a GOOD breeder does those things and much more!

Most in here that have rescued already pregnant cats because some other owner could not be bothered to spay them, does the right thing by spaying/neutering the litter AND spaying the mother so she does not breed again!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i didn't come on here to argue, i certainly didn't come on here to be told how to bring my kitten's/cat's up, and to be insulted in such ways! i intended on keeping the kitten's i get from my adult female's, so i'll be saving myself a trip anyhows! i will then be getting the female's spayed thankyou very much, as i know how cruel some people can be towards cat's, as i've rescued a few myself! i've also had the heartbreak of losing a cat when i was in school due to being shot!

end of topic!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Instead of allowing them to breed (for whatever reason), if you want more cats, adopt kittens from the shelter.
i just said end of topic!