There's a huge cut on my forehead...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because i'm CLUMSY! Uhhh I swear I really need a nap today!
While I was at work earlier, I was checking on one of the dogs in the kennels and when I moved over to get a better look, i stood up a bit (kind of) and when I did i slamed my forehead into the guilletine door in the middle of the dog kennel that seperates the inside run from the outside run. So yea...it was NICE. I had blood dripping down my forehead as I ran to the bathroom passing a bunch of guests that must have been wondering what happened

I am the worlds biggest clutz!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no, poor thing - both for the pain and the embarrassment factor

I assume you've cleaned it well and are putting lots of antiseptic on it!!!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why is it that shelters put doors/things to cut yourself on in the dardest places?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! I felt like the biggest clutz when it happened
And then make matters more goofy- i ran through the lobby into the bathroom to clean up my forehead and all of the guests saw me running around bleeding
I cleaned it up well when I got home. Now i just have to remember not to touch the cut though- i keep feeling like i have a pimple or something on my forehead (i forget it's a cut) and try to touch it because it feels weird
I don't want to put a bandaid on it as it's right at my hair line.

In my defense though- those guilletine style doors REALLY stink! They are constantly getting stuck/broken and the AC guys are constantly having to hammer them flat and try to fix them. We REALLY need some new doors
The edges get sharp.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once it closes up, poke a hole in a vitamin E capsule and massage a little of the oil into it morning and night -- it will help minimize the scarring.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Once it closes up, poke a hole in a vitamin E capsule and massage a little of the oil into it morning and night -- it will help minimize the scarring.
Thanks for the tip!
I'm hoping it doesn't scar as it's mostly just a surface wound (nothing too deep thankfully!) It really looks worse than it is, but it sure is aggervating! I will definitely try the vitamin E!