Wow! I think he wants a baby!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My goodness! I swear that Colin has been "nesting" lately
This week alone he's got a new code pad lock for one of the bedroom closets and has moved ALL of his guns and his gun safe in there (goodnight i never knew he had that many eithor!
He's former military and he's a cop now...what can i say!) He was like "I wanted to make it even safer, so when we have kids they can't get ahold of anything they don't need. The pad is really cool too! It's got a little key pad (like an alarm pad would) and it has a doorknob he had to change to- the door won't open without the password. That way it's even more safe.

Then today I came home and he has moved ALL of our medicines, lotions, cleaners, toiliet products, you name it to all of the top shelves in our home (keep in mind i'm only 4'11'' so when i was looking for the neosporin (i have a lovely gash on my forehead from hitting one of the kennel doors at the shelter hitting me today)...I was wondering where everything disapperared to
Then he had to give me a "tour" of our new "child proof" house lol!

The he was like "isn't it great! we'll get used to everything being on the top shelves now, so that when the babies get here we will not have to worry about them getting into anything" Then he was talking about how he wants to make their junior beds when they're old enough and how he wants to build a little fort/tree house in the back yard!

Goodnight! And i'm not even pregnant!
I guess he is looking foward to being a daddy!
That's soo sweet! We have talked about starting a family soon (our wedding is March 15 so we were hoping to start trying for a baby soon after we're hitched - i have PCOS, so i have a pretty limited time frame of when we can have a good chance of concieving- so the sooner we try my doctor has said, the better).

I guess he's excited huh???
Anyone else's SO have "baby fever?"
I can't believe what a fuss Colin has made over having a baby this week- it's adorable! It really makes me happy he wants kids as much as i do!
I just wasn't expecting him to plan ahead like that and move everything to all the tall person shelves
Guess i'm going to need a new step stool huh?

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe, this may sound insulting at first- but it's not
(<-- see smily!) But, GOSH, I never knew you were that short! (Ok that sounds insulting huh!)

The reason why I bring it up is because I'm like 4'10"--- So i wasn't really being insulting... Just happy to find another short friend on here.

So hello from the Umpa Lumpa in Arizona!

OK, Back on topic:
That's really sweet that he's starting acting like that... that's good news for you.
At least you know what he wants in life, and he has goals. HAHA! Just don't rush into things if your not ready, and if you ARE ready- well then good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Hehe, this may sound insulting at first- but it's not
(<-- see smily!) But, GOSH, I never knew you were that short! (Ok that sounds insulting huh!)

The reason why I bring it up is because I'm like 4'10"--- So i wasn't really being insulting... Just happy to find another short friend on here.

So hello from the Umpa Lumpa in Arizona!

OK, Back on topic:
That's really sweet that he's starting acting like that... that's good news for you.
At least you know what he wants in life, and he has goals. HAHA! Just don't rush into things if your not ready, and if you ARE ready- well then good luck!
Oh yea- i'm definitely THAT short
My friends never let me live it down eithor
In my senior picture a few years back- i was the shortest one in my entire graduating class
Good to have another short TCS person

I agree though-it's definitely really sweet that he's acting like that and trying to plan ahead. He knows how worried i've been over being able to have a baby- and he has been sooo amazingly supportive and kind over it. I am soo glad that he wants kiddos as much as I do! We're definitely ready!
We're also trying to stay as healthy as possible too- working out, eating well and getting our home ready so that our chances are even better of concieving hopefully! If not though, my doctor has a fertility treatment lined up if need be and we can always adopt too!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww that's one fabulous bloke you have there Nikki!!! What will come first, the wedding or being pregnant....

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Oh yea- i'm definitely THAT short
My friends never let me live it down eithor
In my senior picture a few years back- i was the shortest one in my entire graduating class
Good to have another short TCS person

I agree though-it's definitely really sweet that he's acting like that and trying to plan ahead. He knows how worried i've been over being able to have a baby- and he has been sooo amazingly supportive and kind over it. I am soo glad that he wants kiddos as much as I do! We're definitely ready!
We're also trying to stay as healthy as possible too- working out, eating well and getting our home ready so that our chances are even better of concieving hopefully! If not though, my doctor has a fertility treatment lined up if need be and we can always adopt too!
Two little people around the house when bub comes along
It's ok, i'mabout 5'9" and mum is 5'5" she feels so tiny to me. But that's also because i'm cuddly and she's skinny lol. In high school i was always up the back with the boys. And now i feel too short when i come off the train in the rush or try to get onto the bus, there are a zillion schoolkids and the boys look like they've been eating growth hormones these days!!! *hides*

So, when you guys start practising, we'll stick a 'do not disturb' sign on the doorknob?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww that sounds so, so sweet

I'm 5'2", can I be in the short club too?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I am 5 2 also can I join

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like he heard a story from someone at work and was thinking ahead.
It's cute though. DH has been buggin for awhile now. He father has been bugging since we got engaged. I am no where ready to carry a baby.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chris wanted to have children at least 5 years before I did. He did know at the time that I planned to never have children... ahhhh how things change!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Awwww that's one fabulous bloke you have there Nikki!!! What will come first, the wedding or being pregnant....
The wedding will come first, then the baby
(he also has some good insurance that will help as far as fertility treatment goes if i need it so that's good too. i'll have good insurance when we get hitched. Mine expires soon and then i am paying for temp. insurance until we're married. It's insanely expensive
)

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Two little people around the house when bub comes along.It's ok, i'mabout 5'9" and mum is 5'5" she feels so tiny to me. But that's also because i'm cuddly and she's skinny lol. In high school i was always up the back with the boys. And now i feel too short when i come off the train in the rush or try to get onto the bus, there are a zillion schoolkids and the boys look like they've been eating growth hormones these days!!! *hides*

So, when you guys start practising, we'll stick a 'do not disturb' sign on the doorknob?
Ahh you're tall like my niece, Taylor. She's only 12 and she's already towering over her momma and I. (my sister Kimmy is about 5' so not much taller than me).
We're not planning on trying to start a family until after the wedding. But what's funny is how Colin is planning ahead now and "baby proofing" everything!
I swear my jaw dropped when I walked into the cat's room (where he origionally had the gun safe) and saw ALL of his guns laying in the floor and him hauling that big ole' gun locker into our master bathroom closet and putting a key pad on the door
Haha i know he's serious now!

Originally Posted by Arlyn

Definitely! Everyone that's short can join our club

Originally Posted by sharky

I am 5 2 also can I join
Absolutely!

Originally Posted by Duchess15

That's great news, Nikki! I think it's wonderful that he is so excited and is thinking ahead of time. I'm only 5'1 so I always get picked on at work.
Ahhh stand your ground and be proud of your height! There are definitely a few advantages to being short!

Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Sounds like he heard a story from someone at work and was thinking ahead.
It's cute though. DH has been buggin for awhile now. He father has been bugging since we got engaged. I am no where ready to carry a baby.
He has to be patient and wait till you're both ready then. (especially since you know it's your body that would be carrying it and all
unless he grows a uterous
) I can definitely understand not wanting to start a family until both are ready. Fortunately for Colin and I- we're both ready to take on the responsibility. I think we also both know that I don't have a huge time frame (my ovaries are not in good condition) so we both understand that if we want a family- we have to start one sooner rather than later.

Originally Posted by huggles

Chris wanted to have children at least 5 years before I did. He did know at the time that I planned to never have children... ahhhh how things change!
Awww....it was definitely a change for the better!

Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

That's great Nikki

And don't feel bad, my mom's only 4'9
I'm 5'4 and I tower over her
My mom's just the opposite....she's around 5'5' and "towers" over my sister and I

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Bless his heart! Does he understand, though, it takes nine months?
I sure hope so!
He's already talking about building our kids beds when they're big enough and a fort/tree house. And he has moved ALL of our medicines/etc to the top cabinets (keep in mind now i can't reach them without the step stool
I came home not knowing he did that and i was looking for some neosporin to put on my cut and couldn't find it as he "organized" everything
) I guess he thinks the baby is going to get into the cabinet about the sink
I was like "you know honey, it will take several years before they're tall enough to reach/climb into it
) He's already excited about talking over future kiddos.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so cool! Most guys get that "deer in the headlights" look when they think about the responsibilities of fatherhood! I guess he worked all that out before he proposed to you. Aw, you guys are going to be fantastic parents.

He's definitely "nesting"!

sassy's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some of my favorite people are under 5 feet tall, my mom and grandma being the top two. My mom is 4'11" and dad is 6'0", so I ended up in the middle at 5'6".

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, you definitely got a winner there! Congrats!! DH "says" he really doesn't care if we have kids or not (we're kinda leaving it up to fate and the power that be), but earlier this year I thought I was pregnant...and he told MIL, SIL, BIL..I'm surprised he didn't call the paper!
Turns out it was a false alarm. Oh well. It's good to know he will get excited IF it happens. But, he still gets the "deer in the headlights" look if I actually talk about it. But, then again, so do I!!!

Oh, I'm 5'1 3/4" so I'm joining the short club also!

brittany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Bless his heart! Does he understand, though, it takes nine months?
I think men get an idea in their head and just GO with it.
That is so super cute though!! I can't WAIT to have babies, BUT it will be a few years until I have my law degree and he finishes his school (one day
) so that we can really support a family. For now, I'm just waiting for him to propose. He goes through phases where he talks about wedding details and gets really interested. Its so sweet to watch.

Its so awesome that your soon to be DH is responsible and willing to put in the work needed. Its great that you guys have talked about things like insurance. Good luck when the time comes

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YAY!!!! Another shorty! I'm 5ft (and half an inch
) and my daughter is 4ft 11 ins.

I felt so bad the other day, I was trying to reach something off the top shelf in the store and an elderly lady came up to me and said "here, let me get that for you love" and she reached up and got it down for me"
That had the family rolling with laughter for days.

Back on topic - Colin is so sweet. It sounds like he's on the countdown to a baby!!!! It's probably his military background that's led to this campaign. Hubby wasn't in the military but he is a great planner. When we were thinking about moving, we hadn't even put the house up for sale when a big lorry turned up with loads of cardboard boxes and packing materials. He'd ordered them from the internet and started to pack all the things away that we didn't use often. He just felt that was all part of the planning process to this next event that was going to happen. Maybe Colin feels the same way.

Still, doesn't really matter what's behind it does it - it's just fantastic to know that he's so excited about the whole thing.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We both want kids.

Me probably a little more, but I know for sure the time isn't right and we have to wait.

Has anyone seen the movie "Idiocracy"???

It's a comedy about what the world will end up like if the "intelligent of the species" keep putting it off, to never procreating....and the 'not so intelligent" keep reproducing.

I think it was independently released, I got it from netflix but it was hilarious and my DH was like "Hmmmm...maybe we SHOULD start having them now!"....