I think I just showed up DH...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's going mountain biking with friends and was changing both tubes over to better ones. So he got the back wheel off, and took about 20-25 minutes to faff around with the tube (with instruction from me), and get it back on the bike (with my help).

So because he was running late, I just grabbed the front wheel off, changed the tube myself, and had the wheel back on within about 5 minutes.

I had to giggle...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhoh... just to make sure his ego isn't bruised, maybe you need to go up to him all wide-eyed, twirling your hair around your finger, and say, "Hon? I'm just not strong enough to get this jar lid off..."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Uhoh... just to make sure his ego isn't bruised, maybe you need to go up to him all wide-eyed, twirling your hair around your finger, and say, "Hon? Ii'm just not strong enough to get this jar lid off..."
He did thank me afterwards for helping him and gave me a kiss on the cheek, so I don't think his ego is TOO bruised...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

He's going mountain biking with friends and was changing both tubes over to better ones. So he got the back wheel off, and took about 20-25 minutes to faff around with the tube (with instruction from me), and get it back on the bike (with my help).

So because he was running late, I just grabbed the front wheel off, changed the tube myself, and had the wheel back on within about 5 minutes.

I had to giggle...
I've done that with DH once before.... he was trying to get a belt on the truck and couldn't. He messed with it for about 2 hours.. It took me 15 mins and it was on

And no, I don't let him live it down

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I've done that with DH once before.... he was trying to get a belt on the truck and couldn't. He messed with it for about 2 hours.. It took me 15 mins and it was on

And no, I don't let him live it down
Don't you just love doing that???? I have a lot more cycling experience than DH, and have changed many a tire, so at least it's not something that's HIS specialty.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhh good on you!

I have done that to hubby as well - only with repairing electrical appliances.