Singapura Celebrations

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today is Lily's 3rd birthday. Her Highness was expecting to be "entertaining" so had to make sure that she looked her best

She was having a fun day in the conservatory - it was quite a bit later in the day before I dared venture in there with the camera; here she is "looking for something"

and telling me about what it was that was hiding there

before she spotted the ribbon on my t-shirt and decided that was more interesting

and then she got bored and went to watch the squirrel

until I so rudely interrupted her

The squirrel ran over to the side of the garden to bury a nut

Pretty girl in the evening light

Finally.... one where Mum tried a bit of photo editing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was Tolly's celebration day too. On August 22nd, he had been with us for 2 years. Happy Gotcha Day, Tolly

He enjoyed the Conservatory Party with his sister - he introduced Lily to the delights of his very own cardboard box

Seriously, he loves this box
. It actually belongs to the builder who is working on our house, so we've had to put cushions and towels in there to make sure Tolly can't hurt himself

Here I am

Time for a bath

and a snooze

before.......what's that????

better get out there and investigate

awwwwww - handsome boy

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GORGEOUS! I fell in love with Singapuras when I first saw them at a cat show. I'd have one in a second if I didn't think that Radar would sit on it and squash it! Those are some beautiful cats

Happy birthday Lily, and Happy gotcha day Tolly. Hope you're being spoiled rotten this weekend!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are both such spectacular cats. What I wouldn't give to have a Singapura or to at least be able to pet one. I live vicariously through you. It looks like they have both had a great time on their special day.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have such distinctive faces. I love the markings around their eyes and nose. Just gorgeous cats.

Are singapuras generally rather small cats? or am I misremembering?

Anyway congrats to both of them on their special day

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love those big wide eyes....the perpetual "deer in the headlights" look!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

those eyes are what do it for me too! you could lost in them
I never realized Lily was darker than Tolly though! They are both just gorgeous!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

GORGEOUS! I fell in love with Singapuras when I first saw them at a cat show. I'd have one in a second if I didn't think that Radar would sit on it and squash it! Those are some beautiful cats

Happy birthday Lily, and Happy gotcha day Tolly. Hope you're being spoiled rotten this weekend!
Oh yes Epona, I fell in love with Singapuras when I was researching pedigree breeds and I have to say I am now totally smitten. You may have seen one of Lily's relatives - Pawra Heartofazia, she is now a champion. Originally, Lily was due to be kept for breeding and her breeder hoped that Lily would be just as successful. Instead it ended up being the pampered pet life for Lily

Oh believe me, they may be small, but Singapuras are certainly feisty. Even though our indoor/outdoor girls are much bigger, Lily rules them all. She walked in as an 18 week old kitten and her body language said "Make way, the Singapura has arrived!"

Originally Posted by HopeHacker

They are both such spectacular cats. What I wouldn't give to have a Singapura or to at least be able to pet one. I live vicariously through you. It looks like they have both had a great time on their special day.
Awwww yes Hope, you can live vicariously through us. I live vicariously through you with your handsome Simba - he's such a gorgeous boy.

Originally Posted by My cat Mellow

they are great pics!
Thank you so much.

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Beth those pictures of your gorgeous babies are brilliant!!
Thank you Susan, it was a bit dark because it was evening. I'd like to get some better daylight photos, I was trying to use natural light rather than flash.

Originally Posted by Siggav

They have such distinctive faces. I love the markings around their eyes and nose. Just gorgeous cats.

Are singapuras generally rather small cats? or am I misremembering?

Anyway congrats to both of them on their special day
Yes, you're right, they are small cats. Their markings are beautiful and they are both identical. It always amazes me how nature can produce those beautiful, precise markings.

Originally Posted by white cat lover

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

those eyes are what do it for me too! you could lost in them
I never realized Lily was darker than Tolly though! They are both just gorgeous!
Yes, their eyes are beautiful. Just like little bushbabies.

I think it was probably the lighting rather than the kitties' colouring. It was half light in the evening and I was trying not to use flash. Tolly had positioned himself in the sunlight more than Lily.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always enjoy photos of your mini cougars

Simply stunning cats.

Happy birthday Lily, happy Gotcha Day Tolstoy

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the first time I've ever seen these cats or heard of them. They look amazing! Honestly, I thought she was a wild cat at first!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a very special celebration!!!

Happy Birthday, Lily!
Happy Join the Family Day, Tolly!

This is almost too much excitement for one weekend! Lily, you're such a precious, delicate little girl, and Tolly, you're such a sweet, handsome little boy!

What a joy to be able to join in the celebration of these incredibly special ocassions!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Oh believe me, they may be small, but Singapuras are certainly feisty. Even though our indoor/outdoor girls are much bigger, Lily rules them all. She walked in as an 18 week old kitten and her body language said "Make way, the Singapura has arrived!"
Hehe! Trust me the last thing I need is another feisty cat

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Birthday Lily and Happy Gotcha Day Tolly!

Your babys are gorgeous!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everytime I see new pics of your Singapuras, I want one all over again. Doesn't help that I see them at the shows too.

They are both awesome!