The vultures are circling!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After having his teeth pulled, Stumpy can only eat canned food. The irony is that he has never liked canned food, whereas Scarlett, Muddy and Koko are canned food piggies.

So at lunch today, we give Stumpy his canned food. Yes, we feed him basically anywhere he wants to eat as 1) we have to keep him happy about eating the canned food, and 2) he's not going to be with us that long. Today was the kitchen counter. And surprise.......Scarlett, Muddy and Koko (left to right) sat on the step up counter near him and watched every single last bite he took. They get to lick the bowl when he is finished!!

I couldn't resist capturing our little vultures waiting for their prey........

But I have to give my little vultures credit. Scarlett would drop her paw down on the lower counter once in a while and all I had to do was say NO to her. They have learned patience in the last few weeks and usually sit pretty still until Stumpy walks away.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That is so cute. I'm glad you found something Stumpy will eat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The funny thing about all of this: Scarlett, Muddy and Koko were my bottle fed orphans. And while everyone in the house is spoiled, these 3 have never fully learned how to be cats. They think they have special privaleges that the others don't. And the 3 of them are always in the thick of things when it comes to me doling out treats, food, toys, etc. And they expect to be at the front of the line. Seeing them try to control themselves and defer to another cat, even king Stumpy, is pretty funny to watch!

As a disciplining cat mom, I'm a failure!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Give Mr. Stumps a
for me....having to eat with those vultures around....

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL! What a cute pic! Gosh, that's yet another thing that that Koko and Mojo have in common - they are both total vultures and piglets!

Good to see that Stumpy is enjoying his wet food, and that the vultures are being kept at bay.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Good to see that Stumpy is enjoying his wet food, and that the vultures are being kept at bay.
Unfortunately Stumpy doesn't enjoy his wet food consistently. He didn't eat much breakfast yesterday so was overly hungry at lunch yesterday. So he gets a bowl placed in front of him wherever he happens to land when he is begging.