You aren't bowing properly, stupid dog..

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, Emma, I, and Midnight (my dog--he's the newest member of the family and still getting used to how the cats make the rules around here) were lounging around on the floor in the study, Emma on the lowest shelves, I on a few pillows, and Midnight with his chin tucked under my knee.

As soon as he spotted Emma, who was sitting primly with her shoulders straight and her little white mittens tucked to her belly, he stood up and his tail started going a mile an hour, whining for her to play with him. He trotted up to her--stopped a foot or two away--and she gave him this look. I don't know how to precisely describe the look, but it was a clear snub, a rather snide glare at him, ordering him to do something.

He immediately bowed.

She kept giving him the nasty look, and with a little whine he thumped into a laying position right at her feet. With that, she blinked, giving him a kind smile, and a sort of benevolent-ruler-to-devoted-subject look, and then turned her glare on me.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hahah...too cute! I love the way pets interact... My baby kitty and my roommate's Sheltie are best buddies...and the other roommate's older longhair tabbies keep distant and snobby...like they are too good to play

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by noludoru

Well, Emma, I, and Midnight (my dog--he's the newest member of the family and still getting used to how the cats make the rules around here) were lounging around on the floor in the study, Emma on the lowest shelves, I on a few pillows, and Midnight with his chin tucked under my knee.

As soon as he spotted Emma, who was sitting primly with her shoulders straight and her little white mittens tucked to her belly, he stood up and his tail started going a mile an hour, whining for her to play with him. He trotted up to her--stopped a foot or two away--and she gave him this look. I don't know how to precisely describe the look, but it was a clear snub, a rather snide glare at him, ordering him to do something.

He immediately bowed.

She kept giving him the nasty look, and with a little whine he thumped into a laying position right at her feet. With that, she blinked, giving him a kind smile, and a sort of benevolent-ruler-to-devoted-subject look, and then turned her glare on me.

OMG! I can picture that SO clearly!!
I've gotten that look from my cats too. So, tell us, did you bow to her too??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

OMG! I can picture that SO clearly!!
I've gotten that look from my cats too. So, tell us, did you bow to her too??
Goodness, no. That would inflate her ego too much. When she gave me that look I told her "Absolutely not, you don't get away with that stuff with me..." And stared her down till she decided it wasn't the best idea to mess with mommy and climbed up on my chest to snuggle instead.

Besides, I was too comfortable to bow.

Originally Posted by BarkleysJester

Your Emma sounds like quite the cat! LOL!!
Ohhh she is.. you want her?