Daily Thread Saturday 25 August

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning, afternoon and evening all.

Pretty laid back day today, just spent most the evening with the in-laws.

Not a heck of a lot to talk about.

Have a great day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

A weekend daily thread? I thought I was in some time warp

Not much planned for today, some tidying up, some photoshopping and grocery shopping
Oh what you don't have them on the weekend? and here I was thinking coz I was late, someone else might have started it

I don't know what day of the week it is half the time, I just take a stab in the dark.

So I propose we call it the Week Daily thread then.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weekend, what's a weekend...I am unfortunately one of those individuals that works Saturday and usually Sunday as well..

Cloudy and rain here today, I am actually enjoying all this rain after the scorching temps of a week ago. Everything is now very green, and clean smelling. I have noticed a couple of tinges of red and yellow on the maples along my street however so I guess Autumn is officially on the way..

The kitties are good this morning, having a snack right now. They were both up early this morning on moth patrol...Haven't seen the moth they were chasing for awhile so either he escaped, or was Linus's appetizer before breakfast.

Everyone have a good day.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

They were both up early this morning on moth patrol...Haven't seen the moth they were chasing for awhile so either he escaped, or was Linus's appetizer before breakfast.

Everyone have a good day.
That reminds me, Neko was on grasshopper patrol today, brought one inside and the wife kept whining saying "take it outside Neko". But he would just release it and pounce again and again, until I said "Oi take it outside now" then he picked it up in his mouth and went outside. I love the way my wifes cat disobeys her but not me, since he is the wifes cat

I decided to but whiskers for Diego today, because its just so much cheaper than science diet, but probably not as good for him.

But 2.5kg of dry for 575en as opposed to 1kg for 1,080en can you really blame me?

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
good morning!

I like having a daily thread on a weekend. I usually have more time to post on weekends anyways.

Not today though. I've been up since 7am painting. I got the first coat done in the kitchen. Phew! it's exhausting!!
But it looks great. I LOVE the color.
I'll definitely need a second coat though.

Then this afternoon I'm off to my parents for my little brother's birthday dinner.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Weekend!? Haha...I wish I had a real one of those...I'm working today (yes, on TCS at work ^_^) and then I have to help my Boyfriend move into his new place.

It's amazing how unprepared the guy is...well, compared to me anyways...I always have a plan, and I stick to it!!!

Not looking forward to taking him shopping either..:/

Have a great weekend everybody

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

We don't usually bother at the weekend, but it doesn't hurt to have one at all... just found it a little weird to see one
Yeah I never really paid too much attention to the daily's, occasionally I would read them and post. Just after I started actually getting into them, they stopped being made, then well I started. Still learning of course, forgot the hump day thread during the week and clearly didn't know they aren't posted on weekends.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hiding inside from Traffic! Trying to figure out what to do for the night! Traffic is already getting bad!
But I think I am going shopping later tonight and being crafty

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A warm sunny day here.

I've had the decorator in and upstairs has been done and he'll be back tomorrow to finish off downstairs, then i can get cracking doing my housework

I've got a lovely long weekend because it's a public holiday here on monday

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning!
It's Saturday, just after 9:00AM here.

Not too many plans for the weekend... I'm supposed to go work a couple of hours today at work.

Not too much else going on here.

Oh, and Takezou, I like having the daily thread on the weekends.

Everyone have a grrrrrrrrrrreat weekend!

taterkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
nothing planned here except a little cleaning and grocery shopping. I'm staying inside all day because I'm sure the temp will be in the high 90's again. No need to mow this weekend since the heat's already killed everything.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A daily thread on the weekends! Rock on!

Not much going on today. I have the weekend off and have to finish cleaning up the tree that went down in our backyard Thurs from the storm we had.
Not the way I wanted to spend the weekend but what can I do right? It's gotta be done. I thought Hubbys cousin was going to clean it up but I guess as usual I was very wrong. Oh well, what was that old saying again? If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. So when hubby gets off work, we are going to be raking, and hauling tree limbs up to the front of the house la la la, I bet he'll be excited. Well, that's what he gets for not letting me hire someone to take it all the way down and haul it out of here that day.

Other then that it's going to be a quiet weekend, Hopefully work will leave me alone and let me recouperate. I am burning out again. And we have the gossiping hens starting up again too. It's so pathetic. I mean comeon, really, everyone is supposed to be an adult, so why can't we act like them?

Ok, rants over.

Have a great day!!!! I'm going to enjoy my finally opened windows!!!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

A daily thread on the weekends! Rock on!

Not the way I wanted to spend the weekend but what can I do right? we have the gossiping hens starting up again too. It's so pathetic. I mean comeon, really, everyone is supposed to be an adult, so why can't we act like them?
Hire someone else to clean it for you........... Is what I wanted to say but I see your husband already said no. I though women wear the pants anyway.

Or so they would like some of us guys to believe

Gossiping hens
I know what thats like and let me just say, I have worked in 1 or 2 places like that and let me tell you, guys gossip more than girls sometimes.

I remember a funny story about gossip, my last job before moving here, I was approached by a staff member who said "I hear your leaving us too" Now my wife and I had literally only discussed moving about an hour before I went to work that day, it was scary that she said that to me. I said to the staff member "I know we don't like each other but you don't need to hint to me to leave"
. Well I felt like a complete jack butt when she turned around and told me, she was peeved that I'm leaving because I am 1 of only 2 or 3 guys she got on with.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

Hire someone else to clean it for you........... Is what I wanted to say but I see your husband already said no. I though women wear the pants anyway.

Or so they would like some of us guys to believe

Gossiping hens
I know what thats like and let me just say, I have worked in 1 or 2 places like that and let me tell you, guys gossip more than girls sometimes.

I remember a funny story about gossip, my last job before moving here, I was approached by a staff member who said "I hear your leaving us too" Now my wife and I had literally only discussed moving about an hour before I went to work that day, it was scary that she said that to me. I said to the staff member "I know we don't like each other but you don't need to hint to me to leave"
. Well I felt like a complete jack butt when she turned around and told me, she was peeved that I'm leaving because I am 1 of only 2 or 3 guys she got on with.
Apparently our neighbor said we can't have the clean up crew driving down into the backyard (even though he said it was ok Thurs) to finish the job, so we have to drag it all to the front of the house, and go from there.
What a PIA.
Your story made me giggle! Thanks! At least I know I'm not the only one who has gossipers in her midst. Problem with mine is, they are lying about half of the stuff they are telling our manager. It's pathetic.
oh well, poop on them right?

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

Apparently our neighbor said we can't have the clean up crew driving down into the backyard (even though he said it was ok Thurs) to finish the job, so we have to drag it all to the front of the house, and go from there.
What a PIA.
Your story made me giggle! Thanks! At least I know I'm not the only one who has gossipers in her midst. Problem with mine is, they are lying about half of the stuff they are telling our manager. It's pathetic.
oh well, poop on them right?
One of those neighbours eh. You should just do it anyway.
Thats the good thing about NZ is its no longer common for you to know or even talk to your neighbours, even in apartment blocks.

Except my aunties neighbour is one of the weird ones. I parked my car up a shared driveway, right up close to the fence, with enough space for a truck to get past and the next morning (it was christmas so stayed the night) and the neighbour complained he had difficulty getting past
. I really wanted to say "well you are very old and if you can't pass a car with that much space, then you shouldn't be driving." Thats the only neighbour problem I have encountered

Well the gossip going around about me was true but the thing is not a soul knew other than me and the wife and we weren't telling anyone until just 2 weeks before departure, (needed to give 2 weeks notice) and since we had only discussed it only 1 hour before work that day, in a way, technically it was a lie. I think, I mean I don't know how it works when gossip is going around which is true but there was no possible way anyone could know.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

One of those neighbours eh. You should just do it anyway.
Thats the good thing about NZ is its no longer common for you to know or even talk to your neighbours, even in apartment blocks.

Except my aunties neighbour is one of the weird ones. I parked my car up a shared driveway, right up close to the fence, with enough space for a truck to get past and the next morning (it was christmas so stayed the night) and the neighbour complained he had difficulty getting past
. I really wanted to say "well you are very old and if you can't pass a car with that much space, then you shouldn't be driving." Thats the only neighbour problem I have encountered

Well the gossip going around about me was true but the thing is not a soul knew other than me and the wife and we weren't telling anyone until just 2 weeks before departure, (needed to give 2 weeks notice) and since we had only discussed it only 1 hour before work that day, in a way, technically it was a lie. I think, I mean I don't know how it works when gossip is going around which is true but there was no possible way anyone could know.
I wish I didn't know mine sometimes. It's only been two months since we moved here and well, they are really nasty old biddys. The one that won't let us drive on his grass, I can see because he takes care of his grass, but the other side, well he's a nosey old bird with nothing better to do then start trouble seems like. Problem is, I know his son and don't want hard feelings with him so I grit my teeth and let it be. Seems like my palace on the hill is turning out to be not so great when it comes to the neighbors. Oh well, I don't have to like them, just have to live with them right? If they don't like me, then so be it. I have enough friends and won't be hurt if they don't like me. I bought this house, it's mine and I can do what I want to it when I want so nah!
Shoot when we moved here, they knew things about us before we moved in.
Except that they got the facts wrong(imagine that!). they thought we had 6 kids and when they asked me where my kids were, I was stunned and told them I had 5 cats and NO kids. Their turns to be shocked. Of course they HAD to be sure they were indoor cats only. Because of all the wildlife etc. I assured them that no matter what, my cats are vaccinated, licensed, and indoors only and always will be. That seemed to make them a little happier.

It's funny how gossip gets around so fast isn't it? But I look at it this way, at least someone is thinking about me, may not be in a nice or truthful way but they are thinking about me. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! LOL!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good Evening everyone!!!!
Usually, I'd start the "Daily Thread" with Good Morning...except I decided to spend the entire day in bed catching up on much needed sleep I HAVEN'T been getting.

Plus, my significant other went to an engagement party, which I was not invited to, as usual since his friends don't think I'm good enough for him, so I laid in bed eating carrots, watching tv, and falling asleep.

It was actually relaxing.