Sad night

hdizzy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of my foster kittens is passing away. I came home tonight and mom and babies seemed fine. I checked in a hour or 2 later and the b&w female, Shiloh, was laying outside the nest. She's been screaming and breathing really heavy out of her mouth. Her mouth is pale, she feels cold. I tried to give her some drops of water and formula, no luck. It's really only a matter of time I think. She seems to be in pain. Momma gave her a full bath, but of course, she won't nurse. She seems to just be hanging on. I laid with her on a blanket for awhile, thinking she wouldn't have to go alone. But after a half hour or so, momma snatched her up and took her back in the nest. I can hear her labored breathing and cries. I know deep down that she isn't going to make it through the night. Poor little girl, only 25 days on this earth. One day she's fine, recovering from her URI. The next she's hanging on by a thread. She had a special place in my heart because she was the first (and only so far from this litter) to purr from my touch.

I need some hugs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hdizzy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's gone.

I laid with her for awhile and she just wouldn't let go. Momma put her back in the nest. She passed snuggled up next to her sister, Carlisle.

Rest in peace little Shiloh. You were so loved in your short time on earth.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im so very sorry for your loss. RIP little one , play happliy over rainbow bridge x

danad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad she had you to love her & did not die alone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hdizzy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! Fostering can be tough. Shiloh is the 3rd I've lost in a year and a half. Some just don't make it. It's so hard though, you think of everything you could have done or noticed. I'm sure it's just nature taking it's course, but as humans it's natural for us to blame ourselves. I worried about Shiloh from day one. But then she seemed so strong and healthy. She faded so quickly.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Mods, please feel free to move this to the Bridge section (if you you agree). Shiloh can be memorialized there with all of the other babies on the other side.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hdizzy

Mods, please feel free to move this to the Bridge :
section (if you you agree). Shiloh can be memorialized there with all of the other babies on the other side.
Good idea!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss.... It's very hard,, I know from experience.. Your in my thoughts and prayers..