clearing the microwave

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ladies.... When your SO uses the microwave, if there is still time left when he's done, does he clear the time or leave it on there? My DH leaves it on and it's some what irritating. I'm assuming it's a guy thing cuz my dad does it too.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this is a guy thing or just an annoying person thing. People do this at work all the time..We have a microwave in the break room for heating up lunches, coffee, tea etc and everytime I go to use it always has a few seconds or minutes remaining on it...How hard is it to push the clear button if you have time left...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

How hard is it to push the clear button if you have time left...
That's what I'm wondering

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My hubby doesn't do that, but he does leave his dirty dishes on the counter above the dishwasher. I keep threatening to have the service guy come in and find out if there is a problem opening the door. It always seems to work for me though.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For some reason that's always bugged me. DH doesn't do that, but people at work used to all the time. We didn't have a break room separate from the classroom, but for a while every time I walked by the microwave and it was like that I'd clear it myself, then I got tired of doing it. I was also the only one to ever actually set the time on the microwave clock too.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was also the only one to ever actually set the time on the microwave clock too.
Exactly, I honestly think I am the only one that does this as well. I waited one time just to see if anyone would do it but after 2 days I couldn't take it any longer and did it myself.

I actually asked one of my co-workers why they didn't change it and I got the answer oh I don't know anything about things like that...

Clock+ autual time+ clock....
hmmm rocket science.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby and co workers will leave time on the microwaves all the time! It drives me batty! I hate not knowing what time it is at home and at work, there's no time or anything on it if you clear it off. Now comeon, is that so darn hard?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess you don't want to come visit me then - I'm the person guilty in our house for leaving leftover time on the microwave. For all I know my DH does it also but we're just used to clearing the counter as part of setting up the cook cycle that neither one of us notices it!

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My DH probably doesn't clear it. But, neither do I. My microwave has reached that age where the numbers don't quite work so well. You can't see what they say anyway. They used to occassionally work, but I haven't seen the actual numbers in a long time. No need to replace it as long as it still heats stuff up though!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Samantha1979

My DH probably doesn't clear it. But, neither do I.
Ditto. I don't always clear it...I'm sure sometimes I do but it's not something I make a mental note to do.