Finally made a siggie

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is my first attempt at playing with photoshop. It's nothing fancy, but then again it's not easy fitting 12 cats in a single picture.

I know, I've only been around here for a couple of years!!

I win the procrastination contest!!

And the next one will be better!!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awesome!!!!

I can't even begin to attempt. The entire process confuses me, which is amazing because I'm really good at web-design.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work! Photoshop is complicated stuff -- that's amazing for your first effprt!

And what a handsome family you have.

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have never even attempted photoshop...LOL. is that all ur babies? so many pretty cats!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

This is my first attempt at playing with photoshop. It's nothing fancy, but then again it's not easy fitting 12 cats in a single picture.

I know, I've only been around here for a couple of years!!

I win the procrastination contest!!

And the next one will be better!!
Very nice

Who is your Internet Provider? Most internet providers, especially DSL and Cable companies offer free web space with their internet service. It's not a huge amount, but it's enough for most people to put up a personal web page or pictures on it.

Call your ISP provider and ask them for information about access to web space. They will give you a user name and password and the information needed to FTP files to the space.

Once you have that you can make a signature for each of your babies, upload them to a folder in your web space and have each signature rotate when a page is changed or refreshed. Just like mine do.

Click "Refresh" a few times to see what I mean about my signature.

I currently have 3 sigs in my sig folder on my site, but I can have hundreds of signatures in that folder if I wanted and have all of them randomly rotating.

I made a post in the sig forum about how to do the sig rotation using php. It's very easy and saves you having to stick with one or having to remember to change the link to a new signature in the options.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you everyone!! Photoshop intimidates me. I can resize, crop and do basic things, but the layering had me completely stymied until now. I know I talk about my guys enough that its easier to put a face to a name!

No Nat - you can't have Scarlett. She is the cat you see when you look up cute in the dictionary. Everyone that meets her loves her.

The picture of Stumpy was done from about 6 inches from his face and I actually didn't even crop that one.

This is most of my furbabies. Missing is the one feral that lives outside permanantly and my 2 dogs.

And my ISP service happens to be the company that I work for and we do have a little bit of web space. Good idea to rotate them around.

The next thing I have to tackle with photoshop: clipping around the images so that I can overlay them on prettier backgrounds. But based on the fact that it's taken me close to 4 years to get this one up, that might be awhile!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think its a great sig, my first attempt was horrible lol. youtube has some great torturials, just put photoshop troturials and you will get a lot of that is step by step with video or pictures.