so, is it possible... (neighbor rant)

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
is it possible to let the air out of the tires of a motorcycle? or have it towed? my building has a bike and now a new truck and he has the bike parked in the primo spot for my building. Parking is really tight in my complex, and this jerk seems to be of the impression he owns the joint. I'm seriously tempted to let the air out... or call to have it towed... we're only allowed ONE vehicle per apartment... he put the required parking sticker on his brand new truck... and left the bike sitting in the best spot for our building.

They've told him to move it, and he got really rude to them.

Last night he had some buddies over... started partying at 2 am. STARTED, mind you. My elderly neighbor (the one with terminal cancer) yelled out the window at them to shut up (or go to bed, or something... and they yelled back

I don't care who you are. I don't care if you were a Marine who served our country... seriously. If you have that much disrespect for those around you, you don't deserve the 'badge of honor' of being called a veteran.

If he wanted to party at all hours, then move, don't stay in a FAMILY-STYLE apartment complex...

So, back to my original question: can one let the air out of motorcycle tires? can it be towed? Because if he doesn't move it ASAP, it WILL get towed next week by the apt complex. If it doesn't have a sticker (which it doesn't) and it's in a tenant spot (parking is technically unassigned, but they've designated certain clusters of spaces for tenants, a few for the mgt office and then some for the senior building in the center of the complex. There's still not enough to go around even with one spot per unit).. then it can get towed starting next week.

I wanna see them gone. I don't mine motorcycles, really, but when the owner is that rude and disrespectful of his neighbors and his landlord, anything he owns should be fair game for us to do some damage to (as long as he doesn't see us doing it, he can't prove it

There's another neighbor I'd love to see go too, but this one annoys me off more right now...

A.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not too sure but I just wanted to say that I hate disrespectful neighbors as well and know how you feel. I live in an apartment but haven't had too many loud neighbors.

I hope things go better for you soon

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate neighbors like that....

BTW: Yes, I 'believe' you can let air out of the tires of motorcycles. I've never done it, so not positive. But, I do NOT recommend doing it.
It will only cause more problems for you in the future. Let it get towed away!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the number for the tow company the manager is using... I may call him and tell him the bike has been sitting in the same spot unmoved for over three weeks... which is all very true. and there is no sticker... maybe he'll come out and start towing tonight... the handyman says he's starting tonight... but the manager girl said next week... who knows...

I hope, if he starts towing tonight, that he'll take that bike first.

it'll serve that jerk right... yes, I may look nice, but I have a mean streak a mile wide when you annoy my and my nice neighbors. He just parked his big shiny new truck in one of the office spots too... it's marked... and before 5... he doesn't care. He just doesn't. hence why I want his bike towed.

A.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The air *can* be let out of the tires, but I wouldn't recommend doing it, if you get caught you are touching his property, but it can certainly be towed for being illegally parked

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that is alot of expletives
You must be fuming over there

I wouldn't want you to get in trouble for letting the air out...be careful!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

The air *can* be let out of the tires, but I wouldn't recommend doing it, if you get caught you are touching his property, but it can certainly be towed for being illegally parked
I was going to say just that.

It's best to not go and touch his bike because he sounds like a piece of work and he either would take action against you himself, or call the police and you would be in trouble.

If there is a rule about parking, it's up to the apartment complex to have the bike towed. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do personally except complain to the rental agency you rent from.

So far as his partying, call the police if he's noisey after 11pm. There are noise bylaws and the police will deal with it. He probably won't listen to the cops the first couple of times, but if there is a repeated pattern, the police can arrest him and charge him with a misemeanor crime of disturbing the peace.

Also, why isn't your rental agency doing anything about it? Everyone who is being disturbed by this guy's parties and noise should be writing letters to the rental agency complaining about him. Most rental agencies have a policy in place about noise complaints. Where I live it's 3 letters of "reminders" to keep it down. Then you get an eviction notice. I just went through that kind of thing with the people across the hall from me. The agency finally evicted them last December.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry... I drive over an hour to get home from my library job, so I'm tired and then I come home to this bike still there... and all kinds of other crud.

my neighbor, the elderly one with cancer, will be moving. I hate to see her leave... since she's one of the VERY few neighbors in this complex that isn't loud, rude and obnoxious. She's right above me, and is always polite and does her best to not make too much noise. I shudder to think who I'll get after her.

I do not want to have to move early... but if more trash moves in above me, i'll break my lease and find somewhere else to live. I pay far too much money to deal with this crud. My rent is at the higher range.

I knew, moving into this type of complex, that I'd have some cruddy neighbors, but come on now... half of my building? not to mention several people in other buildings? Please. FYI: My apt complex is a restricted income complex. Where most standard places require you to make AT LEAST a certain amount, in this type of place you can't make over X amount. But I'm paying far too much to deal with this crud. Seriously.

I've been longing for Chicago... I wish I could move back... but it's even more $$$ to live there... and no guarantee of a good job either... heck, if i can't find one here, how am I supposed to find one there?

Oh well...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I was going to say just that.

It's best to not go and touch his bike because he sounds like a piece of work and he either would take action against you himself, or call the police and you would be in trouble.

If there is a rule about parking, it's up to the apartment complex to have the bike towed. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do personally except complain to the rental agency you rent from.

So far as his partying, call the police if he's noisey after 11pm. There are noise bylaws and the police will deal with it. He probably won't listen to the cops the first couple of times, but if there is a repeated pattern, the police can arrest him and charge him with a misemeanor crime of disturbing the peace.

Also, why isn't your rental agency doing anything about it? Everyone who is being disturbed by this guy's parties and noise should be writing letters to the rental agency complaining about him. Most rental agencies have a policy in place about noise complaints. Where I live it's 3 letters of "reminders" to keep it down. Then you get an eviction notice. I just went through that kind of thing with the people across the hall from me. The agency finally evicted them last December.
They're only beginning to enforce the parking rules... towing may start tonight...

As for the noise... plenty of folks HAVE complained... they send letters, but he just crumples them up and throws them out. He has absolutely no regard for those around him. He's officially had at least one letter. I don't know what's going on...

they need to evict both him and the folks next door to him. The mother leaves her 14 year old (we believe she's that age, could be 15, all i know is that she's not old enough to get a job) daughter alone for weeks ... yes, I said weeks ... at a time as she goes traipsing around the country, if not the globe, with her boyfriend. No steady parental supervision... and it shows... the brat has parties with adults, alcohol and all... cops have been called on both neighbors, but at most they'll do a drive-by and not get out of the patrol car. Nothing.

Must understand something... this is not a nice neighborhood... sirens are a constant thing... accidents right outside my window... roaming bands of punk-teenagers harassing pedestrians, etc... need I go on? a noise disturbance is the least of their worries around here.

I felt safer living in downtown Chicago then I do here... sad really.

A.