Is this an oops?

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was looking over the breeder's page where I got Princess from (I like to see what kittys she has for sale) and I noticed this..

http://catsnfrogscattery.com/id23.html

I was wondering.. is this an "oops" kitten? She breeds Egyptian Mau, persians, russian blue, Siamese, etc.

Just curious..

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its a silver spotted kitten, but I'm confused as to why she's adding "snow" to it. Snow cat is not a breed.

Usually the "snow" bengals or ocicats would be those that had a "pointed" pattern rather then the normal spotted coat. Ocicat breeders call them "ghost oci's"

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a so-called Alaskan Snow Cat

This breed was created by cross-breeding the Siamese and Burmese breeds. They come in a variety of colors. The Alaskan Snow Cat has deep, aqua colored eyes that compliment its coat. This cat is very active and is alert to its surroundings.
http://anypet.com/cats/alaskansnowcat.html

ETA different info from this site

Snow Cat (Alaskan Snow Cat): Cross between Silver Persians and Somalis, this is similar to the silver series of Somalis recognized in the UK, but is intended to have heavier boning, thicker fur and a rounder head than the Somali.
http://www.centralpets.com/php/searc...y.php?Story=85

No mention of them being spotted though....?

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like silver black spotted to me.

The term "snow" is used by bengal breeders to loosely describe the seal color class of bengals.
Seal Mink
Seal Sepia
Seal Lynx point

These would all be commonly refered to as snow bengals, but "snow" is a slang term to lump our 3 color classes into something that's easy for clients to relate to.

Maybe she is doing the same thing? Still, the kitten looks silver to me.

lioness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure about the coloring as I am not that knowledgable about that sort of thing but I just wanted to say my goodness, she seems to have a lot going on at her place (with all the different breeds she has). I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it but I've never seen someone who breeds so many different breeds, cats and dogs all at the same time!

I sure hope she has some good help.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO a good breeder sticks to one or two breeds to improve the breeds. Any more then that and you are more of a byb or a mill type that doesn't really care about the breed - you care more about making lots of money by breeding as much as you can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone
I was just curious because I really want a russian blue and I watch to see if she has any.. maybe I should look for a different breeder instead..

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny1124

maybe I should look for a different breeder instead..

I would.

While she doesn't seem to be a bad breeder, I can't help but think that she has too many irons in the fire.

5 different cat breeds, plus one seemingly designer breed plus two different dog breeds?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I would.

While she doesn't seem to be a bad breeder, I can't help but think that she has too many irons in the fire.

5 different cat breeds, plus one seemingly designer breed plus two different dog breeds?
Glad I wasnt the only one thinking that