Man shoots 8 week old kitten

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cant read these stories anymore, I am starting to get so upset by the animal cruelty in the world. Why? I just dont understand why? I cherish my animals almost more than I do people.

karl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That guy should be duct-taped to a chair and have rocks thrown at him.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Imagine how he is with people. This person is seriously disturbed. Hope they keep future cats inside. Sounds like the kitten almost got ran over.
(okay, that was me being level-headed. I truly believe this sadistic fool needs to be tossed in a pit to rot)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't bear to read it; after many years as an animal activist and social justice activist, I still can't bear these atrocities. Shooting would be far too good for this monster.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

I can't bear to read it; after many years as an animal activist and social justice activist, I still can't bear these atrocities. Shooting would be far too good for this monster.
I agree. But what to do with people like this? No punishment we could give, no matter how heinous, could teach empathy. It seems to be something that is taught young, comes naturally or never really learned.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

I agree. But what to do with people like this? No punishment we could give, no matter how heinous, could teach empathy. It seems to be something that is taught young, comes naturally or never really learned.
Unfortunately that is true. I am sure he sees the cat as some disposable creature and will probably never change.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In instances like these, I agree 100% and since this is a good site which prohibits some kinds of talk, I can't say what I would do to monsters like this given my druthers, except to say that the ancient Egyptians had the right idea.

But as for teaching compassion, I will say that there are apparently many instances of people becoming compassionate who were not so before, when they are given access to compassionate people and attitudes, and exposed to life in close relation to animals in a compassionate and caring setting. By that, I mean the work of sanctuaries such as Best Friends and Green Chimneys -- each has programs that team at-risk youth with supervisors and provide exposure to animals in a good setting. Generally, those who "hate" animals actually don't have any real experience with animals (except as victims) and their attitudes, like prejudices and intolerance of all kinds, are inculcated and reinforced by parents, grandparents, clergy, peers, and/or others close to them. The media plays a huge role now as well, and we all know how the domestic media is poisoned with images of cruelty and gratuitous violence, apathy, even callous and sick"humor" involving violence to animals. Remove all that and expose people -- especially children and teenagers and young adults -- to a society where people actively care for an and nurture animals and that is the norm and the thing to do, and many of these former troubled people can and do change. We can't kill 'em all, so we need to change 'em.

sassy's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope that he gets caught and is fully prosecuted to the extent of the law. There is no reason for that to have occurred.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if he injured the cat by accident, then shot it to kill it? If he had broken its back or something, he might have wanted to put it out of its misery.

Still evil--I mean, the family should've been there to say goodbye, if the kitten was really dying--but at least there'd be an explanation, if that's what happened.

nightcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Karl

That guy should be duct-taped to a chair and have rocks thrown at him.
YES!! after you do that, I would gladly place the barrel of a gun UP HIS BUTT and pull the trigger

nightcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

I wonder if he injured the cat by accident, then shot it to kill it? If he had broken its back or something, he might have wanted to put it out of its misery.

Still evil--I mean, the family should've been there to say goodbye, if the kitten was really dying--but at least there'd be an explanation, if that's what happened.
OH!! come on!! be real!!stop making excuses for sick b*********

I was in the vet clinic tonight and There was a woman (on the phone) who... while trying to seperate two dogs that were fighting and she couldnt she went in the kitchen and got a knife and stabbed the dog
Then stuffed it in a cupboard
then called the vet because it wasnt dead

Some people think pets are just flesh and meat but thats not surprising when we live in a society that thinks its ok to butcher cows and sheep but not dogs and cats
There is no difference to me

lioness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is very sad.

I do agree that this man appears to be very disturbed at the very least because I don't believe anybody in their right mind would do something like this.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
"get a rope!" that sorry chicken sh--! Heck what's wrong why don't you
come home! You were so Big and Bad shooting that poor lil' baby! Why ya scared now? asshole!
Can't even imagine what that kind of mind thinks when it clicks like that?

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nightcats

OH!! come on!! be real!!stop making excuses for sick b*********

I was in the vet clinic tonight and There was a woman (on the phone) who... while trying to seperate two dogs that were fighting and she couldnt she went in the kitchen and got a knife and stabbed the dog
Then stuffed it in a cupboard
then called the vet because it wasnt dead

Some people think pets are just flesh and meat but thats not surprising when we live in a society that thinks its ok to butcher cows and sheep but not dogs and cats
There is no difference to me
I guess I'm just innocent. I've always seen things in the best possible light... always been disappointed. That's just me.

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Imagine how he is with people. This person is seriously disturbed. Hope they keep future cats inside. Sounds like the kitten almost got ran over.
(okay, that was me being level-headed. I truly believe this sadistic fool needs to be tossed in a pit to rot)
I agree with Bonnie completely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

There were witnesses to the shooting, including the young child the cat belonged to. He just did it out of anger or something, no injury. As of Saturday the man hadn't gone home yet, but I haven't heard an update since then. He WILL be charged when they find him.