Kitty Poo Tracks???

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so I have posted before about my kitty Osiris. I got him a few weeks ago and to my pleasant suprise he had a serious gas/poo issues. I took him to the vet for a fecal exam and everything was ok, so I changed his diet... He was eating Fromm Duck A La Veg (owner had him on that) which just made his bowels runny and he was gassy as can be, so I switched him to Cal Natural. His stinkyness cut down and his stools started hardening (a little). Also I might add that him and my older male cat dont get along and when they fight it literally has scared the poo out of Osiris or he has fart explosions... The other day when I came home Osiris had poo'd on the floor right next to the liter box, to my assumption I think the older cat either scared him, or cornered him for a period of time...

Anyways yesterday Osiris got his neuter, when I checked on him this morning there were poo tracks on my computer chair (stinky but no big deal)... What is the deal with my little man? I was suggested trying probiotics to help with his stool issues (which Im planning on doing asap). Is this just a tummy issue or is this becoming a behavioral issue? Im tempted to wipe his toosh everytime I catch him having a bowel movement, but I dont want to do this yet since he just had his surgery yesterday. Help??? Suggestions???

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which problem are you referring to? The poo tracks or pooping next to the box?

The poo tracks are probably just because his stool is so soft. When he tries to bury it some could easily stick to his paw. Before I got Coco's loose stool resolved I once stroked her from her head to the tip of her tail and ended up with a hand smeared with poop from her tail. When it is very soft it is going to stick to unusual places.

If the pooping outside the box has only happened once I wouldn't worry about it. Even if it happend again I wouldn't worry about it until after getting the loose stool completely resolved. He may just have had an urgent need to go and didn't quite make it into the box.

I don't think there is any reason to start thinking "behavioral issue" (IMHO a grossly overused and dismissive way to describe what is usually an easily resolved problem).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im just checking, I was not mad at my little bugger for his accident one bit (he has only done this twice)... Accidents happen, even though it was a stinky one

Usually when i catch him leave a poo track it is from his toosh... Im assuming once his stool becomes a little harder this will improve? We are doing good so far, we went from liquid diarrhea to really soft stools and his gas issues have died down a little.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Usually when i catch him leave a poo track it is from his toosh... Im assuming once his stool becomes a little harder this will improve?
I think there is every reason to think so.

So you are going to try the probiotic? It sounds like his symptoms are tracking perfectly with Coco's. She had improvement with the Cal Natural but it wasn't until I tried the probiotic that her stool became completely normal. No more gas either!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah... I think Im gonna shop for some tonight. Little man needs a break, I feel bad for his stinky hinder. You know there is a problem when no one (family friends) calls him by his givin name... He is officially known to everyone now as Osiris Stinky Butt. LOL I just love him, stinky and pooy no matter what.

Ive also got some of his poo on my hands, you know its love when you dont really mind!

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah... I think Im gonna shop for some tonight. Little man needs a break, I feel bad for his stinky hinder. You know there is a problem when no one (family friends) calls him by his givin name... He is officially known to everyone now as Osiris Stinky Butt. LOL I just love him, stinky and pooy no matter what.

Ive also got some of his poo on my hands, you know its love when you dont really mind!
Yeah, I just always felt bad for her. I felt like I was failing her because I couldn't find the solution!

If you are interested in Eagle Pack Holistic Solution the Eagle Pack web site has a retail store finder feature you might want to try. If it says there is a retailer near you be sure to call first though. They may carry Eagle Pack foods but not the Holistic Solution.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome I was just gonna ask about that. Will the package tell me info on how much to give (i dont want to constipate the poor guy)? If you have a link that would be great, in the meantime Ill see if I can find it!!!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called my local pet store... Has prozine and animal essentials. Will these work?

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Awesome I was just gonna ask about that. Will the package tell me info on how much to give (i dont want to constipate the poor guy)? If you have a link that would be great, in the meantime Ill see if I can find it!!!
The Eagle Pack site is here:

http://www.eaglepack.com/

Just click on "Where To Buy" on the left hand side.

And, yeah they will give a recommended dosage. I use 1/8 t with each meal.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm its like $13 might be worth a shot. I asked the lady at the store (this is not a corporate store... here's a link to the store: http://www.petsupplies-n-more.com/) which I go to often, if I could mix this with dry food? I havent given him any wet food yet because Im afraid to see how his digestive system will react to it (i currently have Felidae Chicken and Rice on hand)., she said yes.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hmmm its like $13 might be worth a shot. I asked the lady at the store (this is not a corporate store... here's a link to the store: http://www.petsupplies-n-more.com/) which I go to often, if I could mix this with dry food? I havent given him any wet food yet because Im afraid to see how his digestive system will react to it (i currently have Felidae Chicken and Rice on hand)., she said yes.
Go for it!

Let us know how it goes...

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im gonna
How long before you started noticing some results, I know everyone/every cat is different, but Im just curious?

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Im gonna
How long before you started noticing some results, I know everyone/every cat is different, but Im just curious?
With Coco her stools were pretty much nomal by the end of the second day. The Eagle Pack folks say it usually takes 3-5 days.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good deal, lets hope this stuff works... Otherwise I will call around more to find the Eagle Pack probiotic.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Good deal, lets hope this stuff works... Otherwise I will call around more to find the Eagle Pack probiotic.
I should probably say that when I started giving it to Coco I was also feeding only the cal Nat dry. I was worry too much of the supplement would just fall off the kibbles and not get ingested so I make up a kinda of gruel for Coco. It is 1/8 t HS, 1/8 t brewers yeast and 1/4 t water. She *loves* brewers yeast so she laps this up in seconds.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you get brewers yeast from... Pardon my ignorance Im not cooking talented and Im clueless when it comes to that stuff (cept I know we use it in our beer here... LOL Miller)... Osiris is not a picky eater at all so Im sure he'd go for it.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Where did you get brewers yeast from... Pardon my ignorance Im not cooking talented and Im clueless when it comes to that stuff (cept I know we use it in our beer here... LOL Miller)... Osiris is not a picky eater at all so Im sure he'd go for it.
It should be easy to find in health supplement stores. The stuff for human consumption is fine.

(Sorry, but I prefer Foster's.
)

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont drink Miller, lol I dont drink at all (I cant anymore) so no need to be sorry. I wasnt a fan of any of our beers here... I liked Corona!

Thanks for telling me where to find this stuff, Im excited. What made you think of using brewers yeast? Would flour work? LOL probably not!