Need some ideas girlies (and boys) :P

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a bag full of craft feathers (maroon, brown, mauve and black), a hot glue gun, no string left but lots of cotton threads, suede cutoffs, and a plastic jingly ball lol....the home made da cat died the other week, Sir Chuck pulled off the last of its feathers
i thought instead of repairing it, what other sort of toy can i make? I was thinking if i got a cardboard tube, pierced it with lots of holes, weaved the feathers in and out of the holes and glued at one end, sort of a rolling fluffy thing. I'm open to suggestions.

brittany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know anything about MAKING toys, but I do know my cat would love something like that! HAHA If it rolls, has something to bat at, and generally looks "alive" she goes nuts.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brittany

I don't know anything about MAKING toys, but I do know my cat would love something like that! HAHA If it rolls, has something to bat at, and generally looks "alive" she goes nuts.

Honestly, tomorrow I'll have a better response to this.
I love love LOVE arts & craft projects, especially for my kitties.

Right now I'm just a little burnt out tired.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha...I don't really know, but my cat loves anything that hangs...maybe cut a long piece of the suede an attach the feathers and string to it...tie it up somewhere and put the jingle bell on the bottom??? Good luck, if they are anything like my cat, they'll love whatever it is.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could take a pair of fabric gardening gloves and make dangly things using the balls, feathers, and leather strips then attach them to the fingers of the gloves. That way you can put the gloves on and move your fingers and make all of the toys on the leather strings 'dance' for your kitties and give them several moving things to play with.

Cut the leather strips different lengths so some are shorter and some are longer...like a toy mobile

Make one for each hand so that you can play with 2 kitties at once without them getting jealous of each other