TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Ouchies finger burnies!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ouchies finger burnies!!!

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I made a cottage pie and burnt my pointer finger, just on the first knuckle it's only tiny but it reeeeally hurts. Someone was silly enough to put the spare trays (not hot) back in the oven when finished without using a mitt....only because my hands were holding the middle of it, but for some reason my finger touched the metal shelving. I've run it under cold water, and put aloe on it, but i just wanted some sympathy
post #2 of 15
Ouchie!!!!!!!

Put on a band-aid and get that burn better soon!!!!!
post #3 of 15
i burnt my wrist 0n it a fewweeks ag0 n0w the scar is g0ne
post #4 of 15
Ohhhh OWWW!!!!! Burns really really hurt! I hate how they keep hurting whenever you stretch that bit - and of course being on the knuckle it's going to keep being moved
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
Ohhhh OWWW!!!!! Burns really really hurt! I hate how they keep hurting whenever you stretch that bit - and of course being on the knuckle it's going to keep being moved
Well i stuck a bandaid on it for now so i'm not tempted to poke at it. Now it's hard to type

You would know the Royal Childrens Hospital (melb) wouldn't you Sarah? Well this is completely unexciting but i bought a tin of bandaids from Safeway, and the money goes to the RCH (they did my hip operation when i was 5). The bandaids are blue, green, red, yellow and maroon and they have the hospitals cute face/heart logo on them. I'm such a kid


I just felt like sharing
post #6 of 15
I'm always getting little burns like that, or forgetting that lifting plastic wrap or a lid off something hot will cause hot steam to escape... right across my fingers.

At least those type of burns heal up in a couple of days.

I recently fainted and fell (common event for me), and got a 2 1/2" carpet burn on my right elbow. I forgot how much friction burns hurt!
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoriana View Post
I've run it under cold water, and put aloe on it, but i just wanted some sympathy
Just my but I find running a burn under cold water does little to help because when you take your hand out from under the tap, it starts to warm back up with the room temperature and really hurts and for longer.

But then I never actually have time to run burns under water either, because normally if I get a burn, its at work and there just isn't any time to run it under water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_wings View Post
I'm always getting little burns like that, or forgetting that lifting plastic wrap or a lid off something hot will cause hot steam to escape... right across my fingers.
Steam is the worst burn you can get because it burns twice. Once as it his you and twice as the condensation cools and settles. (don't know how exactly the cooling water part works but scientists say thats what happens so....)
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEGO View Post
Just my but I find running a burn under cold water does little to help because when you take your hand out from under the tap, it starts to warm back up with the room temperature and really hurts and for longer.

But then I never actually have time to run burns under water either, because normally if I get a burn, its at work and there just isn't any time to run it under water.

I've had a zillion burns in my 23 years lol. Some from my own stupidity the cool water is more for the wanting to feel cool on the burn instead of hot, the aloe make it nice and cool for longer though. Obviousely if a child gets a really serious burn then cold water is a good idea (and more serious than a digit)
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoriana View Post
I've had a zillion burns in my 23 years lol. Some from my own stupidity the cool water is more for the wanting to feel cool on the burn instead of hot, the aloe make it nice and cool for longer though. Obviousely if a child gets a really serious burn then cold water is a good idea (and more serious than a digit)
LOL Children are different

I have aloe at home but I hate to cut off those beautiful leaves, so I seldomly do.
post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEGO View Post
LOL Children are different

I have aloe at home but I hate to cut off those beautiful leaves, so I seldomly do.

Then why do you have it?
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoriana View Post
Then why do you have it?
Oh because they look so SEXY. I know thats pretty random and out there, but girls think roses are sexy, pretty or pretty sexy, so.....

Along with lots of other plants. Gardening keeps me in a relaxed state of mind, but since I don't have a garden or the space, I have some pot plants.

Oh yeah for the record, I have 15 aloe vera's

I think I just hijacked your thread.
post #12 of 15
My mom always poured a capful of vanilla on minor burns.
It always did the trick (though it may be a placebo effect ).
post #13 of 15
What is cottage pie? It sounds cozy and yummy, like a comfort food.
post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairo View Post
What is cottage pie? It sounds cozy and yummy, like a comfort food.

It's pretty much a shepherds pie, but the ingredients differ a little. This link has everything on it so you can see the yummyness that is PIE

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/r...ie-Cottage-Pie

post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoriana View Post
It's pretty much a shepherds pie, but the ingredients differ a little. This link has everything on it so you can see the yummyness that is PIE

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/r...ie-Cottage-Pie

Oh that looks sooooo yum!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Ouchies finger burnies!!!