Facebook Apps

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, first, before I get in trouble (*ducks*) this isn't a thread about adding each other as friends on Facebook.

But I know a lot of you have one, and I was wondering how you feel about all the new applications and weirdness. I mean, I like some of them and have quite a few, but I feel like my profile page is getting all cluttery and it's annoying when you try to do some action or whatever and the person doesn't have the app.

And, it seems like nobody ever checks the darn things. I draw graffiti or whatever and I think the person never sees it since you don't get an alert like you do for facebook-native stuff.

Although they have a widget for mac dashboards and that's pretty sweet.

So... how bout you guys? Do you have favorite ones that I haven't seen yet? Do you hate the apps? Etc.

The one thing I hate is that they took courses off

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I agree! Facebook has made some changes lately that i'm not crazy about. I do however like the aquarium thing though!

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Facebook has lost all it's credibility in my eyes (but that may just be me maturing). I absolutely HATE the Facebook Apps, and do admit I have a few but only ones I take seriously: A Profile for my Ike (PetProfile) and Graffiti, because I love art.

All this "Bite Me" and "Be a Vampire" stuff is ridiculous...

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my cat profiles, the book one, free gifts, and graffiti (I do get graffiti notes, you can set them in your profile)

It is getting a little myspace'y with so many apps

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the catbook and dogbook, horoscope, ones about tv shows and a few others. I have some people that I think have every single application...it takes forever for their page to load.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ewwwww @ Facebook.

Never.

I have enough pervs trying to contact me through Myspace, nevermind giving them another outlet!

okuda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have had no wierdos contact me on facebook, Myspace I have odd people always contacting me with "HI DER, ASL PLZ" .. just .. NO.!!

People can't see your profile at all on FB unless you alter your permissions or add them as a friend.

I have got back in contact with loads of people in England who I went to school with and I also made loads of new friends on there from the Charlotte area. I like it a lot more then MySpace.

As for the Apps .. I just don't add them.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Okuda

I have had no wierdos contact me on facebook, Myspace I have odd people always contacting me with "HI DER, ASL PLZ" .. just .. NO.!!

People can't see your profile at all on FB unless you alter your permissions or add them as a friend.

I have got back in contact with loads of people in England who I went to school with and I also made loads of new friends on there from the Charlotte area. I like it a lot more then MySpace.

As for the Apps .. I just don't add them.
Hmmm I dont have a facebook, to my knowledge it was originally geared towards college students, and from what I hear of it now it is almost the same as myspace.

I do have a myspace and I get no weirdo requests... That is because my profile is private, I do not except band requests, I also will not except any requests or mail from anyone under the age of 18 so on... (you can block alot of stuff in your account settings)... Im there strictly for friends, and if your not one of em, I dont add ya!

Its interesting reading this thread, lol its like a secret code to me since I dont have a facebook (some girls I work with do)....

altrego

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't get on facebook nearly as much as I do on myspace. I had a ton of applications on mine and got rid of most of them. It was getting ridiculous.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to admit to being one of the people who was superpeeved when they decided to let high schoolers and well anyone on facebook. I thought it would turn out like myspace was with anyone looking at your profile, etc, but it hasn't.

Yea, I'm just waiting until they will let you change the background on it... I will cry.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I have to admit to being one of the people who was superpeeved when they decided to let high schoolers and well anyone on facebook. I thought it would turn out like myspace was with anyone looking at your profile, etc, but it hasn't.

Yea, I'm just waiting until they will let you change the background on it... I will cry.
My bf (for some odd reason) was irritated that all these high schoolers joined and others who never went to college, only because that it was initally meant for, his sis has one. Neither of us have one, but I know alot of people do. I think its fine as long as it doesnt become as lame as myspace is getting (with the bots, and unwated messages and requests). Im going to have to ask the girls to show me there apps.

I know that there are awards or some sort... Best partier, etc.... Is this some of what you are talking about (sorry for bein a flake about it, but i dont have one).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea, I joined in 2003 when they were still adding universities to the site. It was supposed to be like your college yearbook kind of thing, and then suddenly they added all these other people.

Then when they started the minifeed and the news feed thing people went nutso on them and they had to issue an apology and change the privacy features and stuff, because basically everyone could see every single thing you did and you couldn't stop them.

The apps are all kinds of different things, one is a thing where you can draw grafitti on people's wall, you can put questions about yourself, rate movies, have a fake pet, pretty much anything. Each one you have to add yourself separately.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The graffiti would rock (love graffiti) and the fake pet... Other than that sounds like its taking on a myspace appeal. Guess its bound to happen, always needing to add new/interesting items to keep the members interested.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the Free Gifts, Food Fight, Happy Hour, PersonalDNA, Catbook, Dogbook, Top Friends and Compare People. That's all I need, lol.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I find I get less weirdoes contacting me on facebook personally
I have only ever had one stranger try to contact me before...not a big deal for me.

I like facebook, I am addicted to all the applications
It takes like 5 minutes to scroll down to my wall

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I like facebook, I am addicted to all the applications
It takes like 5 minutes to scroll down to my wall
I had noticed

I have more on there but have some hidden so I can use them but they don't clutter my wall etc

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I think it would be nice, if they let you fix up your page like they do on MySpace. Facebook looks so boring with their plain white background. I love going to people's MySpace Pages and see how they fix them up.