I hate my husband!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been debating even whether to post this, its very hard to...and I dont want any critisism over it. I just need to let out some feelings...

My husband shot my dog today!!!

Yoda, the little trouble maker.

I wasnt home.....he did it behind my back.

I have such anger towards him right now. All he can say is "sorry"!!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure why anyone would criticise you for your husbands actions, and I don't know the circumstances, but if he can shoot a dog for whatever reason, I would be getting myself and my animals somewhere safe away from him.

for your loss

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OH.
MY.
GOD.

I am so so sorry for your loss and also sorry that this pain is at the hands of someone who is supposed to not cause you pain.

I have no idea what I would do in that situation.
I'd be feeling hatred as well.

I'm not sure what the circumstances were that caused this to happen, but you have every right to feel how you do right now and I can only wish you the best in healing from this loss.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I am not sure why anyone would criticise you for your husbands actions, and I don't know the circumstances, but if he can shoot a dog for whatever reason, I would be getting myself and my animals somewhere safe away from him.

for your loss
Thanks. Well he has been chasing the cats, and I have been trying my damndest to make him stop and DH knows that I wanted to find him a home. I guess he was tired of hearing me gripe about how Yoda was chasing the cats?
I dunno. I just have a zillion things going thru my head right now!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is no excuse for shooting it, and the fact that you said he did it behind your back means he meant to do it.

You have a lot of animals and yourself there to worry about with someone who can be that callous towards an animal

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I have been debating even whether to post this, its very hard to...and I dont want any critisism over it. I just need to let out some feelings...

My husband shot my dog today!!!

Yoda, the little trouble maker.

I wasnt home.....he did it behind my back.

I have such anger towards him right now. All he can say is "sorry"!!!

I have so many thoughts running through my head right now.
I really can't post what I want to say.
YOU have some really hard decisions to make ahead of you.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why not???? It is cruelty to animals?? He killed a dog!!! Not a wild dog, not a strange dog, not a rabid dog, not in self defense but a small helpless FAMILY pet!!!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you are going through this. But if I were in this situation and my husband shot one of my pets for no logical self defense reason (even that I would question) I'd grab my stuff and get out fast and far. If he will do this to a defenseless dog what else is he capable of doing.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

They wont do anything......trust me......as sad as it is-they wont!
Why won't they do anything

If that happend here he'd be arrested and banged up or heavily fined for animal cruelty.

He's the man you live with at the end of the day, but if my partner did that his bags would be packed and he'd be out on his rear end........hard!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nobody would criticise you, you've done nothing wrong.
Now your Husband on the other hand...I have a few choice words for him but I'm to much of a Lady to type them

I'm so very sorry for your loss, that poor, sweet baby he didn't deserve that.

I also agree with the other poster who said I'd be packing up myself, my other animals and kids ..if you have them and get out of there.

Saying he's sorry just doesn't cut it!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, I think that is more than enough justification to add "ex" in front of "husband".

I'm so very sorry for your loss. You need to think about your own safety and the safety of your other pets now. My prayers are with you.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If I remember correctly, didn't you post before that you were having some marital problems? I apologize if it wasn't you, but I could have sworn I remembered seeing your name. Anywho, someone that treats animals that callously isn't really sorry. If he was sorry, he wouldn't have done it in the first place!
I am so sorry for your loss!

okuda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
omg what a butt head he is!!!

Poor doggy
Poor YOU! *Hugs*

Hunny it don't matter if he is your husband. Sorry does not make it better. That is TOO violent. Shooting a poor defenseless dog, because he chased the cats?! It's what dogs do! That's why you train them

You need to get away from him ASAP. It's just scary.

*Hugsss*

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your husband just makes me so mad. Earlier in the year I recall him being abusive to you on a few occasions. Now he just out and out shoots a defenseless dog! You had a way to get your children and pets out of the situation if you wanted to, but that poor dog didn't have any way to get away from him. He was totally helpless.

I beg you to get your children and animals out of that situation. Please. You're all going to end up hurt or dead if you don't. Please get out. A man who would do what he did to your dog is NOT showing love. He KNEW that even if the dogs chasing the cats upset you, that you didn't want him dead. He KNEW that, but he didn't care. He was ONLY thinking of himself, which from your past posts it sounds like he does most of the time. You children deserve better than this, your animals deserve better than this, and YOU DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS!

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was there any hints that he was going to do this?

How could he?????

I would never dream of hurting any animal, and would even find it hard 'putting it to sleep'.

The dog really didn't deserve this just for chasing cats.

I feel so bad for you and I'm sure you are crying and very upset...I know I would be.

He has no right!!!!

I'm so sorry for your loss and I'm sure your cats will miss him too, no-one to run from - except now your husband.

Please leave or make him leave. He wouldn't do this to someone he loved.... (sorry to judge)

catgirl2548m

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have 2 agree with hope. i worked for an abused womens shelter for a short time. this is a very familar story. find a shelter local to you and grab the kids and go.

and good luck to u. best wishes and hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.