Do you go back to using a recalled product?

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think everyone knows that there have been many recalls lately on many products. What is going on in this world?!!

What I want to know is if any of you ever go back to using a product once the "scare" is over. For example, I posted a thread awhile back about the recall of the contact solution that I was using, Complete Moisture Plus. I really liked that solution. I've noticed that it is now back on the shelves in stores and was wondering if any of you were using it before the recall, and stopped due to the recall...would you go back to using it again?

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmmm.. well I have gone back to products.
Most recalls are due to mistakes in making the product so I would assume they're EXTRA careful to ensure the product is safe and reliable or they wouldn't be in business any longer.

So yes, I think I would buy it again!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The POST recall products are USUALLY better tested and safer than before a glitch occureed to cause a recall

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

The POST recall products are USUALLY better tested and safer than before a glitch occureed to cause a recall
Yes I agree with this. I would probably feel safer using a product that has been recalled in the past, and is now back on the market. They will be watching it MUCH closer than other products that weren't recalled.

altrego

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm having a hard time going back to using wet cat food. Especially since the recall lasted for so long. If the product was for me, that is one thing. But I don't want to do anything to hurt my cat.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've gone back to using Nutro products. The products I usually buy weren't recalled. Although when the recalls hit I did have some Gourmet Classics that were eventually recalled, but my cats wouldn't eat them.

I won't buy Science Diet cuts or Authority Cuts in gravy. Mostly my cats don't like them, and SD added pork-by-products to a lot of their foods again.

For toys...well, I won't be buying my nephew toys for Christmas. He gets enough of those from other people anyway. We'll probably get him a dvd, t-shirt or books.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, we have had to go back to buying the dog food that was recalled because my shihtzu is extremely picky and that is the only kind she will eat. We have tried everything! And during the recall we were feeding her baked potatoes and some other human foods. She's a senior dog and has to have soft foods. We didnt go back to using those brands until about a month ago, we found a few alternitives she liked, but she gets tired of foods very easily.