Kids/school=EXPENSIVE!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We are going to have to take out a loan to get my son and step son thru school this year!

Any of ya with kids, know what I mean?? These boys are in 8th and 9th grade, and holy moly....

Between fees when they got enrolled, lunches,football pictures,fees for Ag class and tech class.....and whatever else they need $$$ for!!

Wow!! LOL!!! It gets costly!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm putting myself through college so I can totally relate! Heck, average cost for books alone for college is $150-200 per class!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain.. My daughter started school on the 8/15, and she's just in half day kindergarten.. And that was expensive..

Clothes, fees, books, breakfast/lunches, candy to sell.. The whole gammett is soo expensive!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, gone are the days when all you needed to buy were:

shorts
sneakers
10 scribblers
pens
pencils
erasers

My friend was telling me all that her kids needed for school. It was almost $500.00 for 2 kids!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

We are going to have to take out a loan to get my son and step son thru school this year!

Any of ya with kids, know what I mean?? These boys are in 8th and 9th grade, and holy moly....

Between fees when they got enrolled, lunches,football pictures,fees for Ag class and tech class.....and whatever else they need $$$ for!!

Wow!! LOL!!! It gets costly!!
My two cost me an arm and a leg this year!

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think so far school supplies have been about $50 or so. I had to get dd#2 a new backpack this year. $50 from LL Bean. The rolling one she got last year had a hole in it, so it needed to be replaced. But it's only a small hole, compared to the backpack she had the year before hand that should have been replaced in Feb when it started falling apart.

I have yet to buy clothes. It's still warm enough here in Sept for the girls to wear shorts and capris to school. I will probably have to buy new jeans for them soon though, from how they've been eating lately, they must be growing. I do wish we had uniforms though, it would make school clothes shopping easier.

My girls are going into 8th and 5th grade.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sneakymom

I think so far school supplies have been about $50 or so. I had to get dd#2 a new backpack this year. $50 from LL Bean.
Trust me... it's worth what you paid. I have an LLBean backpack from Highschool that is still in great shape some 10+ years later!