Petunia's On Her SoapBox Again

barkleysjester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone who has or has ever had a Tortoiseshell cat will know that they are very talkative cats
This morning Petunia woke me up to explain to me that the birds outside the windowsill were making noise. Then she hopped down off the bed and went into the kitchen only to come back a few minutes later talking again, much louder this time, to inform me that Barkley was in the sink messing with the dishes
She's comical because she will rat him out all the time, especially when he is engaging in behavior that he knows is wrong, like being in the kitchen sink or on the counter tops. Needless to say he doesnt like her investigative techniques

I call her my little security guard because anything that might seem out of sorts she will immediately go and investigate and report back to me, often times leading me in the exact direction of what she wants me to check out pronto, all the while talking as we are walking! I enjoy my conversations with her as they are always lively! Sometimes I think she understands what I say to her and responds accordingly
Does anyone else have any funny cat talk stories? I dont really know of many other breeds other than Torties that are known for their conversational skills so I would love to hear what you all have to say! All's quiet right now, she's laying on the bed and isnt much for talking right now!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Torties aren't a breed, just a coloration.

My Ginger is actually the quiet one in my household. She rarely makes a sound, but can meow like a kitten when she's concerned about something.

Ferris trills almost continuously, and is quite a screamer when he wants something, especially when he is demanding a treat.

Penny, the Bengal, is very talkative, and has a very large vocabulary, with louder and softer tones depending on what she's got to say.

Her "Where are you?" meow is VERY loud, while her "Oooo, I love how you're scritching me, can you move just to the left? Oooo, yes, that's the spot!" meows are much softer and more intimate.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh -- I saw the title and thought it was a thread about me!

Your little girl sounds adorable... love those talkative kitties.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL snitch cat

Spaz is my quiet girl, except when she yells into her canned food.
Trouble is my talker.
He tells me everything, and when he's in the mood for love, he becomes my crooner, singing to me as I pet him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

barkleysjester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

LOL snitch cat

Spaz is my quiet girl, except when she yells into her canned food.
Trouble is my talker.
He tells me everything, and when he's in the mood for love, he becomes my crooner, singing to me as I pet him.
She certainly is a snitch
but I think she only resorts to tattle-telling when Barkley pisses her off!! It's almost like she's saying "I'll teach you to mess with me" LOL!!!!

barkleysjester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

For a second there, I wondered too!

Your Petunia is a sweet little kitty guard! What a personality she has.
It's amazing how they are so much like people with their varying personalities!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Duke is the tattletail in my house.

If anyone (including the dog) is doing something they shouldn't be, he is the first to let me know.... even at 3 in the morning

And he's a tuxedo

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a Tortoiseshell cat (Patches) and she was talkative but not the most talkative that I have had. It is funny cause Patches was a stray and we use to joke that she was raised by dogs. She had the funniest meow. It sounded more like the road runner's "Meep, Meep" sound
It always cracked me up.
My precious baby, Princess (3/88-7/05), was a talker. I would talk and talk to her and she just would never hush up

My precious Marbles (9/05-8/07) was a big talker too but he loved to talk with me when I would "chudder" at him. He always had to have me respond.
Tosh and Oreo only meow if they are wanting food. Well, Oreo will yowl when she has a toy in her mouth too.
Snickers meows at me when she wants me to follow her somewhere. She gets so excited when I get up to follow her too

barkleysjester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Torties aren't a breed, just a coloration.

My Ginger is actually the quiet one in my household. She rarely makes a sound, but can meow like a kitten when she's concerned about something.

Ferris trills almost continuously, and is quite a screamer when he wants something, especially when he is demanding a treat.

Penny, the Bengal, is very talkative, and has a very large vocabulary, with louder and softer tones depending on what she's got to say.

Her "Where are you?" meow is VERY loud, while her "Oooo, I love how you're scritching me, can you move just to the left? Oooo, yes, that's the spot!" meows are much softer and more intimate.
Thank you GingersMom for correcting me on that slight mistake. Petunia thanks you as well

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BarkleysJester

Thank you GingersMom for correcting me on that slight mistake. Petunia thanks you as well
Please give Petunia some scritches from me. I do have quite the soft spot for torties.

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Got to love our talkative torties, huh Barkley?

Chili has been suspiciously silent today, I wonder if she's planning something.....

barkleysjester

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by noludoru

Got to love our talkative torties, huh Barkley?

Chili has been suspiciously silent today, I wonder if she's planning something.....
I wonder about Tuni when she's super quiet like she was the other day. I went and sat next to her and she looked up at me to acknowledge my presence and then rolled over and laid against my thigh
It truly was a wonderful experience but she wasnt much for talking. Ive gotten accustomed to those chats we have, especially after the evening news which she watches with me every evening!