Help!! I dont know what to do

kayakgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone, I am so happy to have found this website, I need some advice about my eldest kitty. She is almost 14 years old and just in the past month has stopped eating her hard food-tried soft food and she just licks at it, doesnt eat much. She has gotten very very skinny, you can see her bones so skinny. Other than that, she does seem more tired that usual, but still has that kitten-ish spark in her eyes. I am really worried, I am scared to take her to the vet because of my greatest worry of losing her. Thanks in advance for any comments back

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She really should go to vet and have a complete bloodwork done.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kayakgirl

Hello everyone, I am so happy to have found this website, I need some advice about my eldest kitty. She is almost 14 years old and just in the past month has stopped eating her hard food-tried soft food and she just licks at it, doesnt eat much. She has gotten very very skinny, you can see her bones so skinny. Other than that, she does seem more tired that usual, but still has that kitten-ish spark in her eyes. I am really worried, I am scared to take her to the vet because of my greatest worry of losing her. Thanks in advance for any comments back
Your greatest worry at this point should be that she might starve to death. You should have taken her to the vet weeks ago. Do it now.

crazybird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Losing her should be your second greatest worry. But your number one greatest worry should be her suffering.

I second everyones suggestion of taking her to the vet. It could be something very serious. At the same time, it could be something as simple as a painful tooth.

Either way, starving to death is a terrible way to go.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she goes without eating for a couple days she can go into liver failure and then it is very difficult to get them back on track.

As the above posters have said, she should have been taken to the vet weeks ago. It sounds as though she is suffering needlessly. Please do the right thing and take her as soon as possible.

sassy's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, please take her to the vet right away. You need to put her needs before your feelings of loss because at this rate, you will lose her. I hope that she gets better, I know that it's a hard thing to think of losing a wonderful pet. Sending you lots of healing prayers.

sassygirl_2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with everyone else. You should take her to the vet. you probably have a better chance of losing her if you dont take her to the vet.

Sending good vibes

keep us posted