How old is too old

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
to wear pig tails in your hair?

I wore them a few weeks ago and felt cute... today it just doesn't feel right. So, when are you too old for pigtails?

nimbus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hmmmm I think it really depends on the person and what kind of pigtails. For example, I think pig tails higher up on the head should be reserved for kids only. Lower pigtails or braided pigtails can look ok on some people. French braided pigtails usually look fine on adults, I think.

-Kristen

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's a matter of age, I think it's a matter of situation.

I'm 25... If I'm hanging out, shopping, doing anything casual, I wear the pigtail buns high up on my head.

If it's a professional situation,low pigtails facing the back.

Pigtails are fun and you can really dress them up with certain hair accessories and stuff.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i had a fase f0r ab0tu a week last year and n0w i l00k terrible with them

tarasque

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im 24 and i will sometimes do my hair in platted pigtails that just hang over my shoulder. I like it and will wear a beanie with it sometimes to. I dont think there is a "too old" for them just depends on how it looks on you and how you like the style i think.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have them very low and toward the back of my head w/ a zig-zag part. For some reason they make me feel older today instead of younger.
Who knows?

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I have them very low and toward the back of my head w/ a zig-zag part. For some reason they make me feel older today instead of younger.
Who knows?
Aww yup, I love that style too!!!!
I guess I'm a big advocate for pigtails.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 45 and got my hair cut short in January. Prior to that it was shoulder blade length and I would wear it in a high ponytail or in 2 high ponytails because I couldn't stand my hair on my neck.

Now I don't have the problem
Which reminds me I need to make a hair appointment to get it cut again.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm 45 and got my hair cut short in January. Prior to that it was shoulder blade length and I would wear it in a high ponytail or in 2 high ponytails because I couldn't stand my hair on my neck.

Now I don't have the problem
Which reminds me I need to make a hair appointment to get it cut again.
That's exactly why I did pigtails today. It's supposed to be 92 and thunderstorms all day which means very high humidity. I wanted something other than a ponytail that would keep the hair off my neck and out of my face.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At my advanced age, I wouldn't wear pigtails out and about. Doing housework, gardening, etc., I always wear my hair up. Since I can't make a single braid to save my soul, it's either twist it up and clip it or a couple of braided pigtails.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boss wore the lower pigtails and she's 40. They looked ok though...I wear lower pigtails once in awhile with the zig zag part. I zigzag part my hair anyway.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Age is merely a state of mind! So, if you can rock the pigtail look, then do so no matter what your age. I'm 40 and I still wear pigtails (especially in the winter when I go skiing).

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 46, and I actually put my hair up in high pigtails yesterday while I tore my washing machine apart, then I picked my daughter up from school (and talk about giving me a look!!) and then mowed my yard. Yeah, I kinda felt silly and looked worse...but I was cooler than I was before I did it!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always thought that pigtails look tacky on adults. Kids thier fine for, even some teenagers or young adults can sometimes pull them off. But for older adults I think they just look silly.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's that old cliche...Mind over Matter..If you don't mind it doesn't matter. If you like wearing pigtails, ponytails or butterfly barretts knock yourself out. Life is to short to worry about whether your fashionably correct...
With me it's always been cover-alls, I love the things, and wear them around the house, out shopping, gardening whatever. My sister is forever telling me I am to old for them...My response, maybe your to old to look at me..

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My philosophy (and, girls, you'll get this once you turn 40) is - if you don't like what you see here, look away! I don't have the time of day to care or worry about what others say or think of me. If you don't like it....too bad.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't usually worry too much about my appearance. I mean, I want to look presentable but I'm not one of those girls who HAS to have makeup on to leave the house. I'm just wondeing if pigtails (low or high) are appropriate at work.... but now that I think about it... I don't care!

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

to wear pig tails in your hair?

I wore them a few weeks ago and felt cute... today it just doesn't feel right. So, when are you too old for pigtails?
I prefer the Mohawk look.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menasmom

I prefer the Mohawk look.
While that sounds like a lot of fun it's defiantly NOT work appropriate for me.