Do you have any birthday traditions for yourself or a family member? Do you go to a certain restaurant, have a certain cake, treat yourself to a day at the spa, etc.?
post #1 of 34
8/23/07 at 4:22am
Well, my birthday is the day after Christmas...so I'm always somewhere with my family, which is nice. I don't like birthday cake too much...so I actually haven't had a cake for the past 3 years. BUT, my mom makes me my favorite snack, which I end up eating all day---Vegetable pizza! It's probably not the veggie pizza you are thinking of, but it is SO good and every one I feed it to becomes addicted. I will now share the recipe !!
2 Packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese (the rectangular bars)
1 Packet Hidden Valley Ranch DIP powder (make sure it says "Dip", not the hamburger seasoning!)
1/2 or 3/4 cup of Mayonnaise
2 packages of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
At least 4 cups of chopped raw vegetables of your choosing! (I prefer broccoli, cucumbers, tomato, and cauliflower)
1. Unwrap cream cheese and allow to sit out and soften.
2. Spread Crescent rolls out onto a greased/sprayed baking sheet (flat, like you're making a pizza ) Bake as package directions say.
3. Mix well - ranch powder, softened cream cheese, and mayo (put in at least 1/2 cup, it makes mixture more moist, add more if you prefer)
4. Spread c.cheese/ranch/mayo mixture evenly over baked/cooled crescent sheet.
5. Sprinkle on chopped raw vegetables and press firmly into mixture. Voila! Veggie Pizza!!!
6. Cover and chill in fridge for a bit, then EAT!!!
Enjoy! I love it!