Daily Thread Thursday 23 August

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning, afternoon and evening everyone.

Well theres just 2 more days to do until the weekend, 1.25 for me

What did I do today, hmmm well I put the rubbish out, fed the cats, (Ryu's last medication today) went to my bonsai class ummm and uh well pretty much a lazy day today.

I'm about to shoot down to the convenient store to get some sake, (rice wine
) then I shall cook myself some Tonkatsu (ummm thats uh deep fried pork cutlet) then I might just watch Ong Bak for the 100th time this week.

Oh how could I forget, I'm under great pressure and stress at the moment and this morning it got worse........What on earth was that? *goes to dining room to investigate crash* Holy poo batman, it seems that Ryu and Diego were having a competition to see who could jump the furthest off a large cupboard unit, dopey cats......... now where was I?? oh yes, for those of you keeping up with my non smoking thread, I tell you, I could have killed someone for a cigarette today. Wait can I say kill in a family thread??? oh well I'm sure a mod will put something more creative in there.

How do you like that munted Thursday, daily?

Have a great Thursday everyone
Oh I never used this 1 before so heres the dancing ..... something

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning!!

I've had a bit of an eventful morning!.

I just got of my bus this morning at 8.15.a.m to go to work when the Directors daughter rang my mobile to tell me that someone had been stabbed right outside work and the police had the area blocked off.

She told me to stay put until we got the all clear to go in, so i went for a coffee.

2 hours later i got a call to say we were able to get back in but had to use another entrance as forensics still had to come. All the roller shutters are still down at the front because theres blood all over them

We thought we would get sent home because we did when someone else got stabbed and that was further up the street, but no such luck

I managed to get some retail therapy done though in that 2 hours

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning!!

I love how early the daily is started Takezou! Nice job

Not much going on here today.....eating cereal...and now its showertime..

Have a good one my friends

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Morning!!

I've had a bit of an eventful morning!.

I just got of my bus this morning at 8.15.a.m to go to work when the Directors daughter rang my mobile to tell me that someone had been stabbed right outside work and the police had the area blocked off.

She told me to stay put until we got the all clear to go in, so i went for a coffee.

2 hours later i got a call to say we were able to get back in but had to use another entrance as forensics still had to come. All the roller shutters are still down at the front because theres blood all over them

We thought we would get sent home because we did when someone else got stabbed and that was further up the street, but no such luck

I managed to get some retail therapy done though in that 2 hours
Sounds dangerous, well since its near your work. The amount of murders and what have you that were going on in NZ, its nice to be able to pick up a newspaper and have the headline not read homicide blah blah.
Mind you I can't read Japanese newspapers coz thats way too advanced for me, but what you don't know.....

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Good morning!!

I love how early the daily is started Takezou! Nice job

Not much going on here today.....eating cereal...and now its showertime..

Have a good one my friends
Well I could start it earlier actually, but then I don't know how far some people are behind, so it would be odd if 1/2 the members were replying to say todays thread today, and the other 1/2 replying to Fridays thread today as well

Oh man I don't know if that made sense or not. Time to eat.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
good morning

I just spent all last evening preparing my walls to be painted. I have the paint and I put a bit on the wall just to see and I think it'll look good. Maybe a little more bright and pale than I thought. We'll see what it looks like when it's all over the walls.

So today is work again. At least it's pay day. Then tonight I'm off to the Buddhist meditation center.
I'll start painting my apartment on Friday night.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Susan! What a morning for you!
Am glad you did get some retail therapy to help you through the morning.

Takezou - I wish you further success in quitting smoking. Maybe you can swat a fly.

As for me, another hot and steamy day here in America's heartland - 99 yesterday - but they hope we can cool off to the upper 80s this weekend. Have I mentioned my adoration of Mr. Carrier and his inventing A/C?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

good morning

I just spent all last evening preparing my walls to be painted. I have the paint and I put a bit on the wall just to see and I think it'll look good. Maybe a little more bright and pale than I thought. We'll see what it looks like when it's all over the walls.

So today is work again. At least it's pay day. Then tonight I'm off to the Buddhist meditation center.
I'll start painting my apartment on Friday night.
Bright and pale at the same time??? Now that I gotta see. Can we have some pics???

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning TCS!
Pretty uneventful for me this morning except the mad 10 minute dash looking for my car keys. I finally took the spare set and left.

There was some crazy cat business going on in the alley which provided this morning's entertainment for my two
Time to call the POUNCE group about the alley cats. The TNR seems to be working successfully as the alley cat fights were a daily occurance when I first moved in.

Got to work and found my first set of car keys in the bottom of my purse. Won't be telling DH, though he'll just tell me I should have a smaller purse

It's almost friday

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
welll i blacked 0ut at w0rk yesterday and thew up and t0day i have n0 energy! s0 yesterday i went t0 bed with 0ut dinner, slept f0r 12 h0urs, and t0day i just have n0 energy what s0 ever, i just struggled c0ming up the street!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good Morning Everyone!

I love Thursdays because it's the start of good tv for the rest of the week.

(Sunday ending it all being my favorite tv day of the week)

Today is the dreaded bathing of the 3 week olds and their mommy.
PLUS the extensive washing of bedding, cleaning cleaning and more cleaning, and fighting with some guy on Ebay who is ripping me off MAJORLY for shipping a product that I won.

My days are exciting huh?

OH BY THE WAY, I got the job yesterday that I interviewed for!!!
I start Monday.

I sure will miss my furbabies for 9 hours a day!!!

Hope everyone's day is as fun-filled as mine.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh I sound like a broken record but its overcast and rain predicted today.

Its cool but really humid-my towels aren't even drying off in the house!!

It didn't rain last night however. I'm just waiting till 8 to see if any rain yet this morning before I dash off to one old and one new client property before it rains.

Then some other errands-must make that long needed hair appt-its been four months-roots are showing badly!!! And my neti-pot is in have to give that I try this afternoon.

Hopefully one freecycler will come it pick up today.

Susan that's scary about the stabbing!! Good thing the retail therapy calmed you down!!

And Diego-hang in there and good job on not smoking-food must be tasting better!!

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Morning!

We decide to get a cat tree for Fred & Ginger. There are so many choices it's overwhelming. I'm going to look again today hopefully will narrow down to a few.

Happy Thursday Everyone.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Morning/evening all!!

Nothing real exciting going on here today, guess I'll stay in for another day and do my shopping tomorrow!!

Looks like it is gonna be another hot one here today, yesterday it was 102 degrees and today, well, about the same. I am so looking forward to fall!!

Well, everyone have a great Thursday!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rainy here today and a bit on the humid side.

Woke up to the phone ringing, it was my office but when I called back no one seems to know who called or why...it shaping up to be a good day and I haven't even left the house yet.

The kitties are bird watching this morning, I have tons of starlings, blackbirds and bluejays kicking up a fuss down by the water. The starlings and blackbirds are flocking but the blue jays just like to be noisy.

They are also watching some black squirrel. The black squirrels on my street have learned to cross back and forth by running across the power lines. It is quite amusing to watch some of them get going way to fast.

Heading off to work in about 1 hour. Scheduling and interviews to do this afternoon. I also have a dinner meeting with my boss, hmmm free food. Time to get caught up with this and that since he has spent most of the summer on the golf coarse..

Everyone have a good one..