Punk kids

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we might have a couple of brats vandalizing our neighborhood again cuz I see a couple of people have gotten their mail boxes jacked up. This might sound mean but if I catch someone screwing with my mailbox, I'm gonna show them what my gun looks like.
I have one for protection since my DH works nights.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I think we might have a couple of brats vandalizing our neighborhood again cuz I see a couple of people have gotten their mail boxes jacked up. This might sound mean but if I catch someone screwing with my mailbox, I'm gonna show them what my gun looks like.
Have i mentioned you're scary?
perhaps you could sort out the kids in our area

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ugh! that is SO irritating! some kids have NO respect! it makes me SO mad!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Have i mentioned you're scary?
perhaps you could sort out the kids in our area
Thanks for the laugh. I've never been told I was scary before.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the laugh. I've never been told I was scary before.
I suppose it's just that things are different in Australia. You pretty much have a gun if you're in the country, or you're a policeman/armed guard. *shrugs*

karl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I recall a story about someone always getting their mailbox vandalized. Kids would drive past and hit it with a baseball bat, leaving a huge dent in it. Eventually, the owner got fed up with replacing it, and put a mail slot in his front door.

He did replace the mailbox one more time, though. He filled it with concrete, let it harden, and placed it in its usual spot. I'm sure the revenge tasted sweet.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's called "Mailbox Baseball". I don't know that from personal experience, but from the awesome movie Stand By Me.

I hate teenagers! I hated them when I was a teenager! Morons. Maybe the sight of you with your gun will convince them to get out of the neighborhood. I'd just use it for show, though!

Tricia

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

It's called "Mailbox Baseball". I don't know that from personal experience, but from the awesome movie Stand By Me.

I hate teenagers! I hated them when I was a teenager! Morons. Maybe the sight of you with your gun will convince them to get out of the neighborhood. I'd just use it for show, though!

Tricia
I vivdly remember Keifer Sutherland driving while they did that!

A couple kids around here did that to some of my neighbors boxes. I haven't seen them put the boxes back up yet either.
Im wondering if it's because they're worried they'll do it again

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

Tricia
It also got a revival in the recent film "The Benchwarmers"...

I've always hated teenagers too. Obnoxious!!!!!

tarasque

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kids when they are bored can get so bad. When i was a teenager the other teens would not just use a bat on letter boxes, they would blow them up... I never did anything like that tho.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We always had the cheapest crappiest mailbox we could find. Anything decorated is just asking for it. Plus we lived on a cauldesac (how on earth do you spell that?!).

I hope nobody destroys your property!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The really sad thing is it's not always kids...I seem to recall a recent story about a man that caught a couple of adults (uppper 20s I think) smashing his mail box and he went after them with his own bat.

Unfortunately instead of just scaring them, he beat them senseless and is now up on charges himself.

I just get so
when I think of how stupid and disrespectful people can be.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I lived in Oklahoma, an old man shot at some teenagers doing that out in the country and ended up killing one of them. Smashing mailboxes is no joke around there anymore.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now, now... there's nothing wrong with teenagers that locking them in their room until they're 30 wouldn't fix...

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I feel your pain.. Dang punk kids.. We live in the country and our mailbox has been knocked off or beaten down 6 times this summer so far.. They just go down the road riding on a truck back with a baseball bat or big rock and just plow through mailboxes.. If they know how much they cost!!