My EYES!!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh help me! somehow the screen on my computer is humongous
how do i get it to go back normal sized? I tried to do a full screen undo (F11) but it didn't do anything. I also tried to adjust the resolution, but it was already on the smallest one! HELP!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think so, but it's not really the text, its like the whole picture has been magnified and stretched
I think my cats stepped on something

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right click somewhere on your desktop. Then clikc properties. On the row of tabs, click Settings. Try adjusting your screen resolution & color quality. Mine is set at screen resolution 1280X1024 & color resolution 32 bit(highest).

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm trying to picture what has happened.

Have you inadvertently kicked it into full screen mode? Try hitting [esc] to restore the display.

Have you inadvertently zoomed the image? Look on your menu under View, to find the zoom setting and adjust it.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment...

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another thought could be in your monitor itself. My Monitor has a zoom feature which means I can zoom the picture by pressing a button on the monitor. Is it possible that your monitor is set at zoom? It has nothing to do with the computer.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Right click somewhere on your desktop. Then clikc properties. On the row of tabs, click Settings. Try adjusting your screen resolution & color quality. Mine is set at screen resolution 1280X1024 & color resolution 32 bit(highest).
I tried that, but I had it set at 800 X 1600 I think, I'll try those numbers when I get home
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I'm trying to picture what has happened.

Have you inadvertently kicked it into full screen mode? Try hitting [esc] to restore the display.

Have you inadvertently zoomed the image? Look on your menu under View, to find the zoom setting and adjust it.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment...
I thought of the fullscreen and hit F11, which is supposed to full screen it, but it didn't do anything, I'll try escpae next, and I did check the zoom part, making it smaller made it tiny and making it bigger was way worse
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Another thought could be in your monitor itself. My Monitor has a zoom feature which means I can zoom the picture by pressing a button on the monitor. Is it possible that your monitor is set at zoom? It has nothing to do with the computer.
I did tinker with that, I'll have to dig deeper.

I had shut down my computer one night, but it actually didn't shut down so I'm sure one of my cats walked over the keyboard and hit something, I wish they'd tell me what!

Thanks for all you suggestions, I'll definitely try some of them

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

It does sound like the resolution settings I know at 800 it makes everything look huge
figures. I thought that was the smallest