cat terms u like and hate

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot stand it when people refer to cats as pussies!!!
Drives me mad!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"Making biscuits" and anything like that always annoys me for some reason - the cat's kneading, not baking!!!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

"Making biscuits" and anything like that always annoys me for some reason - the cat's kneading, not baking!!!!!
Same here, Sarah

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

I'm going to get flamed for this, although its not exactly a cat term, the word meowmy really irritates the
out of me.
Heh.. ditto.

I also don't like furbaby. Most pet cats are adults not babies. I'm not mum to Nikita. She's my cat and I'm her human. We're buddies

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes!!!
This gives me the mental image of hairy baked goods!! While I welcome them kneading, I would not eat a kitty-baked biscuit!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I agree with this one. I have had, and been around cats all my life and never heard that term until I joined TCS.

I'm sure there are others. I have a huge list of things in life that irritate me, so some of them must involve cat terms also

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catgirl2548m

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

I cannot stand it when people refer to cats as pussies!!!
Drives me mad!
oh, yeah, how did I forget pussy? i hate that
word!!!!

pussy, pussy cat, pussy willow. you name it. if its got pussy i hate it.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

Heh.. ditto.

I also don't like furbaby. Most pet cats are adults not babies. I'm not mum to Nikita. She's my cat and I'm her human. We're buddies
Oh how could I forget furbabies

I agree with you. Our pet cats are just that..... our pet cats. Don't get me wrong here I love my cats, you all should know that by now, but when referring to them as furbabies, I have to say thats taking it a bit too far.

Originally Posted by JellyBella

, I would not eat a kitty-baked biscuit!
Oh come on don't lie
if your cat had he ability to bake real biscuits, you would try one just like I would
coz I mean if your cat can bake biscuits, it can cook you dinner, do the house cleaning etc and earn its keep

Sorry maybe the earning its keep bit went too far. But hey I'm trying to have a little humour today.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My furbabies are offended that you don't like the word furbabies.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

My furbabies are offended that you don't like the word furbabies.

I just call mine babies for the most part, cause I do consider them my babies, they depend on me for food, shelter, scooping their boxes etc etc, when they can get that themselves they can be my buddy

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate when people use terms like "the cat" with my cats. they aren't "the cats or stupid cats" they are my babies. and with dogs I hate when people use the term the dog as well my dogs arent "the" dogs, they are my babies as well.
and furball or fuzzbucket drives me nuts!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I just call mine babies for the most part, cause I do consider them my babies, they depend on me for food, shelter, scooping their boxes etc etc, when they can get that themselves they can be my buddy
same here, unless they are derogatory they don't bother me.

I call mine furballs all the time, because when they curl up into a ball to sleep they are furballs

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I've always called it "moonwalking".

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

I've always called it "moonwalking".
I call it just plain irritating! I can't stand it when a cat kneads me, most have gotten the hint, but Electra keep insisiting

tarasque

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The only term used for cats that really annoys me is Pussys, cause when people say it you just know they are only saying it to be derogatory.