Osiris needs a few vibes...

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok as some may know I got Osiris a few weeks ago, he is about 6 months old. Tomorrow is his neuter appointment with one possible snag in the day. Osiris was sneezing alot 3 days ago (no eye discharge) so I called the vet and asked if they could check into this to determine if he has a URI or not. This will determine whether he can be neutered tomorrow or not (theyre going to have me wait while they check him, in case he cant have the neuter I will be there to take him home). He hasnt sneezed in the past 2 days (maybe once) and seems to be doing better. Last week he was staying with me at my moms and when I brought him back to the apartment he had the sneezes for the first two days and now he barely sneezes at all.

So I need some vibes that he doesnt have a URI and will be able to get his neuter tomorrow. I dont want to put it off (of course I will have no choice if he is sick) because he is getting to the age where he may start spraying (especially since him and my older cat do not get along).... Wish us luck!!!!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Ok as some may know I got Osiris a few weeks ago, he is about 6 months old. Tomorrow is his neuter appointment with one possible snag in the day. Osiris was sneezing alot 3 days ago (no eye discharge) so I called the vet and asked if they could check into this to determine if he has a URI or not. This will determine whether he can be neutered tomorrow or not (theyre going to have me wait while they check him, in case he cant have the neuter I will be there to take him home). He hasnt sneezed in the past 2 days (maybe once) and seems to be doing better. Last week he was staying with me at my moms and when I brought him back to the apartment he had the sneezes for the first two days and now he barely sneezes at all.

So I need some vibes that he doesnt have a URI and will be able to get his neuter tomorrow. I dont want to put it off (of course I will have no choice if he is sick) because he is getting to the age where he may start spraying (especially since him and my older cat do not get along).... Wish us luck!!!!
I wish you and Osiris luck, Trix.
No URI for Osiris

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh I hope not... I have the worst luck, little man needs his stuff chopped asap lol! Poor guy is going to hate me.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Imagine how I feel with Diego about to turn 7mths. Its outta my control though, if a vet refuses he refuses. Lucky that he does neuter, a lot don't here coz it interferes with their Bhudda (sp?) beliefs.

ETA: Vet says he must be at least 8mths old.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy... I feel your pain. In a sense I see how it comes off as cruel, I mean they are nipping his man friends.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Osiris is at the vet as we speak... He was approved for his neuter today. Awww I feel bad for the poor little guy, but it is best. I have to call them anywhere between 3-4pm to see how he is doing and then I can pick him up after work. I hope his surgery goes ok, he wasnt happy with me for bringing him into the vet today

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He'll be fine. He'll also be reay to come home closer to 3 if you're worried. Did you take the day off? I did for Chevy's but also had to deal with taking Summer there for her UTI test. She complained on the car ride home and I told her to can it and that Chevy had a worse day than she did. LOL

I watched a movie and tried not to worry about it, but mine was worse because I had no kitty to love and comfort me at home.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used a vacation day. Glad I did too because I quit not long after. I'm also glad I asked for it off a month in advance because the whole month of January was full regarding vacation days since everyone waited til the last minute to use their days before the Feb 1st deadline.

I cleaned and then watched Brokeback Mountain before calling at 3 and getting them.
I had to take the day off because otherwise it would have been impossible to get them in at the drop off and pick up times.....

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just talked to the vet clinic. Osiris did well with his surgery, I cant pick him up until 5pm because he is still waking up (they must have just finished recently)... Is there any tips I need to know during his healing processes?

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was high as a kite, it was so cute. Everytime he tried to meow he couldnt, it was so silent. He was VERY loving and very hungry when I brought him home (he ate two bowls of food), he hadnt eaten in almost 24 hours. Next to no blood and he is walking fine. Im glad it is done and over with, and he still seems to love me!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

He was high as a kite, it was so cute. Everytime he tried to meow he couldnt, it was so silent. He was VERY loving and very hungry when I brought him home (he ate two bowls of food), he hadnt eaten in almost 24 hours. Next to no blood and he is walking fine. Im glad it is done and over with, and he still seems to love me!
Good news!