Hello, Saskatchewan exists!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another late-night vent from me!
I just went and checked out Ticketmaster for Saskatchewan and saw there was only a few "big name" bands/artists playing here in the next few months:

Three Days Grace
Beyonce
Rhianna and Akon
Paul Anka
Def Leppard
Brad Paisley
Olivia Newton-John

I just kind of feel SK is overlooked during Canadian tours. For example, I was looking at past tour dates for Fleetwood Mac, and in their over 40 years of playing, they've played in this province ONCE. And it wasn't even the best known lineup. A lot of the bands I like tend to play in Edmonton or Calgary and there's no way my parents are going to drive me all the way to Alberta for a concert.

In October of 2006, the Rolling Stones planned to do a concert in Regina (the capital). So many people were interested that they planned another date. Both shows sold out in less than an hour. I watched the news on the nights of the concert and there were so many people that didn't even LIKE the Rolling Stones but went anyway because it's a once in a lifetime experience. Both concerts together serve as the highest grossing concert event in Canadian history.

You'd think a band would say, "Hey! People in Saskatchewan are crazy about concerts and we can make big money, why don't we stop there?" Apparently they don't think that way.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Paul Anka,Paul Anka,Def Leppard,Olivia Newton-John those are still big names? thought they had been bumped down to C status or lower,

errr i dont know Brad Paisley

lol but yea, i do remember being at that age where i loved going to shows, and none of them near me. When i was 16 no way my mother was going to let me travel 200 miles to see a show.

lol i made up for later in college,.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Paul Anka,Paul Anka,Def Leppard,Olivia Newton-John those are still big names? thought they had been bumped down to C status or lower,

errr i dont know Brad Paisley

lol but yea, i do remember being at that age where i loved going to shows, and none of them near me. When i was 16 no way my mother was going to let me travel 200 miles to see a show.

lol i made up for later in college,.
Compared to other people I saw that were playing, that's as "big name" as it gets here.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, come visit me sometime, I live within walking distance of two big concert venues and easy driving of another... the Goo Goo Dolls are playing next week, and this month we've got Bone Thugs n Harmony, Macy Gray, the Killers, Queens of the Stone Age, The Smashing Pumpkins, Ryan Adams, Megadeath, Dropkick Murphys, Tegan and Sara, and of all things Hanson. The driving one has Rush and Toby Keith. Nothing compared to Cleveland though.

Anyway, if you want a concert, come to Ohio! You can always sleep on my couch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

OOOh - Brad Paisley is YUMMY! I'd like to check HIM for ticks
My mom is going to see him in October.

Originally Posted by catgirl2548m

maybe the problem is the bands cant spell sassycatchewon. i know i cant, lol!

Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Lol, come visit me sometime, I live within walking distance of two big concert venues and easy driving of another... the Goo Goo Dolls are playing next week, and this month we've got Bone Thugs n Harmony, Macy Gray, the Killers, Queens of the Stone Age, The Smashing Pumpkins, Ryan Adams, Megadeath, Dropkick Murphys, Tegan and Sara, and of all things Hanson. The driving one has Rush and Toby Keith. Nothing compared to Cleveland though.

Anyway, if you want a concert, come to Ohio! You can always sleep on my couch
Rush!
I'd die if I saw Rush live!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catgirl2548m

maybe the problem is the bands cant spell sassycatchewon. i know i cant, lol!
That, and it won't fit on the back of the T-shirts.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Rush!
I'd die if I saw Rush live!
I've a futon and you wouldn't be the first to crash after a concert!
The concert place rocks (it's at Germane) I saw Neil Young do Greendale there in high school and it was one of the best nights of my life so far, we even had free lawn tix and sat in the nosebleeds (well, top of the lawn)

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I feel your pain.

Nick Cave won't come to Canada because someone threw a shoe at him when he was giving a concert here once.
Guess the guy holds a grudge.
Why on earth would someone throw a shoe at him!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I don't know. Must have been a fan to have bought a ticket! Maybe he was trying to get Nick's attention?

Are you a fan? I saw The Bad Seeds in Boston about nine years ago. I'm still in awe.
Wow, actually I had never heard of him. I looked him up on iTunes just now, he has such a fantastic voice! It's slightly too minimalist for me to really buy the cd, but it is cool.