What is Chaos doing now?

lonelykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The past couple days Chaos has picked up quite an annoying habit and he LOVES to do it!

He'll jump up and lay on my chest and start kneading my neck and then he buries his face into my neck and makes a wierd suckling noise

What is he doing and is this a good or bad thing???

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He thinks you are his mommy and he is nursing because it makes him feel better. Kittens often do this and it is harmless

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lonelykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BarbB

He thinks you are his mommy and he is nursing because it makes him feel better. Kittens often do this and it is harmless
Ok, atleast it's a good thing. I can put up with it if it is a good thing. It was cute at first but now he does it whenever I sit down or get ready for bed (because he has to sleep next to me).

barblynnp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww....he thinks you are his mommy!!!!! If you don't like this behavior, you should gently push him away when he does this. It may become a habbit for him if you let him do it......which is ok if you are ok with it....but it sounds like it could get annoying for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lonelykitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Now I feel bad thinking it's annoying. I didn't know he did it because he thought I was his mommy. I usually let him do it for a little bit but than he gets carried away so I will move him and usually after a couple times he gets the hint and will just settle down to go to bed.

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 5 yr old that came from a shelter does this all the time! I knew he felt like he was home when he started doing this - and alot of times this is how he wakes me up in the morning.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of mine have done that, and all have outgrown everything but the kneading. Now each of them has a funny little thing they do instead of the suckling. Pearl licks my face, Pepper hugs me around the neck, Scooter cuddles next to my belly, and Fluffy rubs me with her paws. Unless she is having a jealous little snit, then she will smack me, then stand back and look soooo innocent.