Best way to store these dresses???

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to have a closet in the basement to hang some random items but put shelves in their to better utilize the space.
The thing is I have my mom's mother of the bride dress and my sister bridesmaid dress from my wedding formerly hanging there.
So they smell a bit musty now (well they have been hanging down there for years

So do I get them drycleaned?? Or will the smell go away if I air them outside??
What I would like to do is get some acid free tissue paper (sources??)and an acid free (?) box and store them away like my wedding dress. Ideally the box would be a bit smaller than the wedding dress box!!
Or on the other hand do I want them at all????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I have pictures!! I wore my mom's dress as a halloween costume a few times!!

alwaysaangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah I'd get rid of them...or ask your mom and sister if they want them? (if they're something rewearable - which I'm guessing they aren't if you wore your moms for Halloween)

If you're really adverse to throwing them away get those vacuum seal bags and put them in there. Those really do work and I haven't had any problems putting velvet/satin etc. in them and they come out just find - no major wrinkles.

They're pretty cheap and you just vacuum the air out and put them in a box somewhere - really shrinks big stuff like froofy dresses or comforters.