Daily Thread Tuesday 21 August

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning, afternoon and evening to you all.
Trouts mom is quite busy so unable to do the daily threads for now, after a little encouragement from her, I decided I will give it a go if you don't mind.

Now Tuesday is pretty much over for me, so I'm going to tell you what I did, instead of what I intend to do.

Well to start with when I woke up I felt like absolute crap I had no energy whatsoever, my wife cooked me breakfast which she does occasionally and I had trouble sitting up and I almost dropped the plate of food my arm was that weak, quite scary in a way coz I didn't feel sick or anything just drained, I also kept drifting off while trying to eat and listen to what my wife was talking about. As you can imagine that didn't go down well.

It was a stinking hot day again, I decided to give my aloes their monthly water and put them into direct sunlight for a bit, and then what happens? yep it starts pouring with heavy rain so I had to move them back into their sheltered spot and pray the sun comes out tomorrow.

Since it got thundery and lightening again and torrential down pour, I thought I'd go for a walk to the shop, coz I love that type of weather. No sooner had I got myself ready and leave the house, the rain stops, sky clears and the sun comes out again
I swear the weather is just teasing me.

Anyway's have a great day everyone.

Oh today can be the official hate the weather day, hows that???

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning!!

It's a cloudy day here in the UK and were expecting showers.

I've actually switched my heating on here in the office because it's that cool

I wonder if it's the heat that's draining you?.

DEIGO, whats your first name so i know what to call you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I wonder if it's the heat that's draining you?.

DEIGO, whats your first name so i know what to call you?
Could be the heat but since Sunday it hasn't been as hot, things aren't melting as much anymore (candles, chocolate etc) and the plates, cups and cutlery isn't so hot anymore that you can't handle it. So I'm not sure if its the heat.

I'm called Takezou, its a nickname I've had so long now, even my mum is starting to call me that
and mothers don't usually do that.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

That's a long nickname
At least i know now
Long story short, a large number of Japanese have difficulty pronouncing my real name, because they think of it as a foreign name, but some Japanese people actually say it sounds very Japanese. Anyway I was living with a host family a few years back and because they had difficulty pronouncing my name and because I am obsessed with the history of feudal Japan and samurai, they named me after a 16th century samurai called Takezou Shinmen who as he got older, changed his name and is now known as Musashi Miyamoto. Lots of people have the nickname Musashi so I don't mind Takezou coz it sounds cooler anyway.

The kanji (chinese character) for Take = warrior and Zou = warehouse in English.
You could play around and use different Kanji so that it could be read as bamboo elephant, because Take is also the word for bamboo and Zou is the word for elephant
. Only Kanji makes it possible to differentiate.

TMI but at least now you know

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess what another overcast day with drizzly rain/T-storms predicted.
And cool again (63F) too!!
If the rain stops I might venture outside to do some weeding-with the rain the weeds will be growing quite fast.
A local craft/hobby store is going out of business I happened to notice the signs when I drove past yesterday so I stopped and bought I bunch of different items-silk flowers/yarn/ribbon/colored pencils to work on some craft project for...yes...Christmas presents.
Not much else on the agenda for today-making General Tso's Chicken for dinner tonite (the less caloric version)

Enjoy the day!!

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

Oh today can be the official hate the weather day, hows that???
LOL I second that! I was home yesterday due to a splitting headache. It feels like someone try to pierce my skull. This weather is making the carpet damp and it's too cool to turn on A/C.

Nothing much is going on. Just working and play with kitties when I get home.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Guess what another overcast day with drizzly rain/T-storms predicted.
And cool again (63F) too!!
If the rain stops I might venture outside to do some weeding-with the rain the weeds will be growing quite fast.
A local craft/hobby store is going out of business I happened to notice the signs when I drove past yesterday so I stopped and bought I bunch of different items-silk flowers/yarn/ribbon/colored pencils to work on some craft project for...yes...Christmas presents.
Not much else on the agenda for today-making General Tso's Chicken for dinner tonite (the less caloric version)

Enjoy the day!!
I like it when shops go out of business, a gardening one here is closing down. Sad for the owners I guess but real good for the customer

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be all over the gardening one!!!
A landscape business is having an absolute auction this Saturday with preview on Friday. There are several pieces of equipment I would like to acquire!!
However this is going to be a well attended auction and I don't want to overpay for this equipment-I guess I'll see how many people attend the preview to gauge my chances for success!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very nice day here in central Ontario. Sunny, clear and a nice cool breeze. It is getting much cooler here at night now so it looks like the worse of the heat is over for us this year. Might I add I am not unhappy to see it go it has been a scorcher.

Heading off to work shortly but have a pretty quiet day ahead of me. Just some paperwork and purchase orders to catch up on then I think I will just play hooky for the rest of the day.

Have some yard work that I have been putting off so that seems like a good thing to pursue.

The kitties are wonderful. Playing who's mouse is it right now. Sassy has the advantage in that he is the biggest and if he decides to lay on top of the mouse Linus is out of luck...

Everyone have a good one.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good Morning beautiful people!!!!!

Today is a nice temperate day, a little on the cool side which is EXACTLY how I like it!!!

My plan today is to do lots of cleaning, I've been on a enormous cleaning spurt lately...Plus, although I love the new litter we're using, it requires daily vacuuming due to tracking. Oh well!

Hope everyone's day is wonderful!!!

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Morning/evening all!!

Looks like it is gonna be another hot one here today, high of 98, back into the 100+ before week ends! I am so ready for fall!!

Nothing really going on here today, except for the usual straightening up and alittle laundry!!

Hope everyone has a great day/evening!!

And Takezou, glad to see the daily thread back up!!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is sunny but very chilly in Central B.C. I have to clean the van, and pack for holidays today, and I am going to roast a chicken for supper

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Paulena

And Takezou, glad to see the daily thread back up!!
Its going to be a little odd though because my guestimate puts the majority or TCS members 12-16hrs behind me, with the exception of Goldenkitty45 who seems to be in the same timezone but not sure, abymommy who's an hour behind, die_to_xxx who is in the same country so same timezone, kiwideus who is 3hrs ahead until daylight savings starts or ends then will be 4hrs ahead and most of Australia which I believe is only 1 hr ahead

TMI again but those are the four people who won't be saying why is he posting that daily thread when its the day before?

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

It is sunny but very chilly in Central B.C. I have to clean the van, and pack for holidays today, and I am going to roast a chicken for supper
Just out of curiousity. supper, is that Canadian English for dinner? I don't really understand supper, generally in its rare use in NZ it means desert. Oh and in that big book when they eat bread, and drink wine its called the last supper, that doesn't sound like dinner or desert LOL.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Takezou! I'm so happy to see the daily thread up!

Well, it's about 10:30AM and I'm still tired.. not much sleep last night. Me and the bf have been arguing a little. Guys

The weather here is ok... i guess! Nothing to complain about, even though I would like to see more rain!

One of our girls quit here at work, so I'm doing interviews- AGAIN! Why can't we just find someone that wants to work- and not quit!
It's frustrating...

Well, everyone have a grrrrrrrrrrrrreat day! Take care!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well its 0245 here now which makes it the 22nd, I wonder if I should give you guys another daily thread?

Jokes, I figure if I do the daily thread around 2000hrs here its about 0800hrs in the UK and some of the U.S, I think

ETA: Goodnight everyone.