InSoMnIa

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else here suffer from insomnia???

I have since I was a little kid...all the medication trials in the world have never helped. All the natural remedies have never helped. It's just something I've grown to live with.....and it sucks... doesn't get ANY easier with time at all.

Anyone with persistent insomnia???

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep, that is why i choose to work night shift.
it seems much more easy then working days.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've suffered from insomnia for at least the last 8 to 10 years. It's awful! I had prescriptions for Ambien, but....whew....I did some really bad stuff while taking it. Talk about spending money on-line! I'm much better off suffering from not sleeping than taking it! Someone here mentioned the herbal sleep remedy called Sleep MD. I tried it about a month ago, and I really think it helps. The best price that I've found is at Walmart. Last week, Wallgreen's Pharmacy had a $5 off coupon for it. It certainly wouldn't hurt to give it a shot!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have but it was due to anxiety. Now that I have that down to a manageable level, some summer nights I've been sleeping up to 12 hours!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
5:20 am.

Still awake.

Will be all day.

Such is my life. I've tried everything, now I just deal with it!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep. Another one here. I have learned to just lie in bed and wait.

The only stuff I take are natural stuff. I don't know if I should see a doctor though. It is not affecting my life so badly that I cannot handle it. I have endured this since I was about 13. That is almost 20 years ago.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I do because I'm having a lot of trouble falling asleep at night. Then if I manage to fall asleep I keep waking up. The result is wanting to sleep for 12 hours. Yes, it does suck, bad. I also have anxiety but my medication keeps it in check. My DH works nights and when he's home I find it hard to go to bed as well.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I think I do because I'm having a lot of trouble falling asleep at night. Then if I manage to fall asleep I keep waking up. .
Me too.

Right now it's 12:30 here.
I fell asleep around 9-9:30 and woke up, won't get back to sleep anymore during the night and I have a very important interview early in the am. I'm going to be exhausted.....such is usual.
If I get 3 hours a night, I consider myself extremely lucky.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't suffer from it, but I usually don't go to bed until 12 anyways.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've taken OTC meds and natural stuff... most have never helped... they may at first, but my body gets used to it so it loses it's effectiveness...

a few months ago i found that GNC has a version of Melatonin that's timed-release... that's the ONLY thing that's helped me... regular melatonin wears off within a few hours... the timed-release is good stuff... highly recommended by me.

Amanda

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yup........ 2am... DH and all the furbabies are sleeping... I'm awake yet again. As usual.

I tried to guzzle down some wine to lull me off to sleep because I have a big day tomorrow but no such luck.

*siiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I'm up. I get tired around 1 am. Lay down, can't sleep. Finally fall asleep around threeish. Get back up at 5:30 to get DH from work. Get back to bed about 8:30. Wake up, fall back asleep. Wake up fall asleep again. Finally I drag my butt out of bed around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. It really sucks.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go in spurts.
1-2 weeks of getting 2 hours' sleep a night, then I'll crash and sleep for 16-18 hours.
I do have valium, that helps sometimes, but not every time, I don't really like taking narcotics at all if I can help it though.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I go in spurts.
1-2 weeks of getting 2 hours' sleep a night, then I'll crash and sleep for 16-18 hours.
I do have valium, that helps sometimes, but not every time, I don't really like taking narcotics at all if I can help it though.
Yeah I take Klonopin and Xanax to help...but it rarely does.

ARGH!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
just gonna *bump* this for my own amusement, as I'm awake yet AGAIN.

Didn't sleep one wink last night, tried napping around 3-4 today, couldn't fall asleep...and now here I am wide awake yet another night.

*sighhhhh*

DH and Kitty are both cuddled up and sleeping though.....so I guess it's some nice eye candy for me to see that sweetness even when I'm cranky and tired.

sassy's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been an insomniac since Grad School when I was pulling so many late nights that I was getting yelled at by Professors for emailing at 3 and 4 am in the morning. Though, they were also up and responding back promptly to my emails.

Now, I'm on Ambien (thank goodness for generic) or Tylenol PM. Thankfully, I haven't had any weird side effects on the Ambien.