Fantasy Football

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone here play fantasy football? The draft for the league I've been in for a good many years is September 2 and I have the fifth pick. If frank Gore isn't available at five then I'll probably take Shaun Alexander. I like Joseph Addai as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be honest, I'm not sure. This time of year and for the last few months magazine racks are overflowing with fantasy sports magazines. Not every league has entry fees or cash prizes, most of the online leagues that millions of people enjoy every year are free and offer no cash awards or other prizes. Gambling laws are mostly left up to the individual states rather than the federal government, unless it involves the crossing of state lines (I think).

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Isn't it illegal to bet on sports in the USA? I seem to remember something with Gretzky's wife getting into trouble for sports betting.
Yes and no. Yes it's illegal to bet if you live in a community that has outlawed gambling. Much like the town that I grew up in. (BTW, it didn't prevent my father from having a weekly poker game.) Now, if one lives in Las Vegas it's not.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I play. I have played for like the last few years. My draft is over. I also helped Scott's cousin with his draft. This year I had the 2nd pick overall and got Steven Jackson. I got Addai for him at the 7th pick.