TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › kicked out.. she should be in jail.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

kicked out.. she should be in jail.

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
how it is nice, that she was kicked out of the country,
I want to know why she is not in jail. She was kicked out of the country
once already, came back and was then caught working under a False social security number.. she should be in a jail cell not free running mexcio where she iwll just sneak back in again.

and dont give me this, she is working for her family, if she cared that much, she would have had him in mexico if she really wanted to be with him.

She broke the law 3 times.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293757,00.html
post #2 of 19
I think it is absolutely ridiculous that you automatically become citizen if you are born here because your mother came here illegally. I lived in a small town in NC a few years ago, and it was seldom you did not see a woman that either pregnant or had just given birth. In what was once a beautiful little town of about 1,000 people is now a crime ridden ghetto where most of the people don't speak English. I became very ill with kidney stones while unemployed, and was told out right that I could get no help because I was not Mexican. The illegals came into the place where my SO worked, and I helped out some, acting all snotty, demanding to know why no one there spoke Spanish. We always told them if we moved to Paris, we would learn to speak French, but it usually went right over their heads. I have nothing against immigrants, it is the "illegal" part that chaps my rear end. I thik they should spend all this money thaty are using to educate and medicate all these people, and use it to round them up and send them back where they came from. Yes, I know this sounds mean, but I don't care.
post #3 of 19
We have the same problem over here and it's infruriating at times
post #4 of 19
Is the US the only country that allows children born of illegal's to become automatic citizens??
Our local paper is having a series of articles on the working poor and yesterday they featured a story about a struggling couple-not US born but from Columbia!!
I think that's going to raise some eyebrows!!
We have a large influx of Central American imigrants in the past few years and they seem to be mentioned quite frequently when any crime is involved.
post #5 of 19
For years, hospitals in Texas,Arizona, New Mexico and California have been burdened with non-citizens showing up in ERs, in active labor. By law the hospital cannot turn them away. These babies automatically become US citizens and when they are 21, they can start bringing the rest of the family over.

I have read that there have been bills introduced in Congress to stop this automatic citizenship. My ex-husband's mother went into labor, while visiting Canada and wasn't able to make it back across the border in time. He was born in Ft. Erie ON - this did not make him a Canadian citizen.

In this particular case, the woman has compounded her illegal entry, with using a false Social Security number and identification. Just what part of ILLEGAL don't these activists understand?

I noticed that there is no mention of a husband/father, for this child. Where/who is HE and why isn't he helping to support this child?
post #6 of 19
I read an article quoting this woman. You know what jumped out at me?

Her words calling MEXICO, her country, NOT the US. Allrighty then, stay there.
post #7 of 19
I don't understand the automatic citixenship either. I know that a baby is enen considered a citizen if the mother gives birth while in flight over the US too. To me that's crazy. Seems like this woman wants to be grandfathered in....not going to happen. Are Mexican officials more stingent on who they will allow in. Why can't she take the child to Mexico and make him a citizne there.

One of my ex college roomates is Mexican, but her family decided to come over legally and all there children were born here AFTER they obtained citizenship. They are bilingual and have prospered well and are respectable middle class family. I have NO problem with that whatsoever. However, it seems as if these people who take advantage and undermine the system.
post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC View Post
Is the US the only country that allows children born of illegal's to become automatic citizens??
Far as i know yea, Most places i have been the citizenship of said child always follows the father.

the only place i seen differnt, was china, MY gf at the time, was from canada but was born in hong kong, she had a passport for both. Well we went to go to china to see the great wall, and stuff and she only had her hk passport. THe people at the train station, told her, that she was allowed into china, But beacuse she had a hk passport, and was chinese, the chinese goverment did not hvae to let her back out, As there rule was anyone that looked chinese, was chinese. or so they told her.

thus we did not get to take the train or see the great wall.
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by katl8e View Post
I have read that there have been bills introduced in Congress to stop this automatic citizenship. My ex-husband's mother went into labor, while visiting Canada and wasn't able to make it back across the border in time. He was born in Ft. Erie ON - this did not make him a Canadian citizen.
Sure it did, if he had wanted to be one. Same law, if you are born there you can be a citizen, if you were born somewhere else to parents who are citizens you are a citizen. When you turn 18 you have to pick, usually, or apply for dual citizenship.

I don't think I did much else besides get born here to become a citizen.
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
Far as i know yea, Most places i have been the citizenship of said child always follows the father.
That's not the case anymore, though, and is great because when applying for a passport from your parent's country they now look at your mother's heritage and not your father's. My mother and her parents are English, and the laws changed in the last ten years or so to make it the mother's lineage and not the father's that is used to grant children international passports. Which makes much more sense to me!

So we all now have a British passport that entitles us to right of abode without a visa in all countries in the EU. It's fantastic. Thanks Mum!
post #11 of 19
What gets me most about this story is the feds told her they would go pick up her son for her. She told them no, that he is to stay here. And she had stated earlier that he needs medical attention because he suffers from ADD and "severe seperation anxiety". Soooooo.... he has severe seperation anxiety and she leaves him behind???? Not a mother of the year candidate.
post #12 of 19
My mother said she heard that there is a huge outcry because she was seperated from her son. Sounds like she wants to be a martyr.
post #13 of 19
This editorial has an explanation of the idea "birthright citizenship" which is a interpretation of the 14th amendment. The amendment was to make sure that former slaves were citizens and protected by the Constitution. There is also the part which says "subject to the jurisdiction thereof," and those words meant they were not citizens of another country or children of citizens of another country.

Quote:
Also in 1866, that same Congress passed a civil rights law restricting American citizenship to those born here "and not subject to any foreign power." Rep. John Bingham of Ohio, the author of the 14th Amendment, confirmed "that every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural-born citizen."

In 1862, U.S. Attorney General Edward Bates declared, "The Constitution does not make a citizen, it is in fact made by them." That is, for a child to be born a U.S. citizen, he must be born to a U.S. citizen, not an alien - legal or illegal. That's why children born in the United States to foreign diplomats are not regarded as U.S. citizens.
post #14 of 19
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
I have so many problems with the Mexican government this one's barely a drop in the bucket...

But it must be nice to govern a country where all you have to do is ship people elsewhere instead of fixing a single one of your own problems.
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
how it is nice, that she was kicked out of the country,
I want to know why she is not in jail. She was kicked out of the country
once already, came back and was then caught working under a False social security number.. she should be in a jail cell not free running mexcio where she iwll just sneak back in again.
At least she was paying into the tax system, even if it was with a false social security number.

What she did was commit fraud and that carries a hefty jail sentence and fine.

Would you rather have her sit inside of your jails and have your tax dollar going to support her for 10 plus years, or have her in another country not being a burden on your tax dollar?

Yes, she may sneak back in again, but if she does she will probably get another fake social security number, get a job and pay into the tax system. What she's doing is illegal, but she's certainly not being a drain on the economy like she would be if she were sitting in a US jail cell, or on welfare.
post #17 of 19
They really need to stop the citizen by birth idea. Here are these parents hiding behind their kids like shields to protest that they couldn't get an easy way into the country. Besides, who ever said that the kids can't be with their parents? I've visited the border, there are buses that transport Mexican students to American schools every school day so it's not like they aren't getting free education. Crossing the desert does not automatically make you a citizen even if you were the only one that lived out of the group!
Illegal immigrants are taking other people's social security number and possibly ruining their credit and life! I can't stand the fact that there are who knows how many criminals in our country that are committing acts of violence against our citizens! If you can't pay for the green card, then go home or somewhere else.
I honestly don't care if they were paying the taxes or not. They committed a crime and should be sent back to their governments so they can deal with them. Argh! It makes me so mad! I think people need to bring back this:
Quote:
In 1862, U.S. Attorney General Edward Bates declared, "The Constitution does not make a citizen, it is in fact made by them." That is, for a child to be born a U.S. citizen, he must be born to a U.S. citizen, not an alien - legal or illegal. That's why children born in the United States to foreign diplomats are not regarded as U.S. citizens.
post #18 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
At least she was paying into the tax system, even if it was with a false social security number.

What she did was commit fraud and that carries a hefty jail sentence and fine.

Would you rather have her sit inside of your jails and have your tax dollar going to support her for 10 plus years, or have her in another country not being a burden on your tax dollar?

Yes, she may sneak back in again, but if she does she will probably get another fake social security number, get a job and pay into the tax system. What she's doing is illegal, but she's certainly not being a drain on the economy like she would be if she were sitting in a US jail cell, or on welfare.
how yes i agree on being drain, i still think stealing SSN should come with jail time.
post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
This editorial has an explanation of the idea "birthright citizenship" which is a interpretation of the 14th amendment. The amendment was to make sure that former slaves were citizens and protected by the Constitution. There is also the part which says "subject to the jurisdiction thereof," and those words meant they were not citizens of another country or children of citizens of another country.
i knew there was a good reason,
i remember it reading it once and thinking ok that makes sense.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › kicked out.. she should be in jail.